Indicator. ASMT-SWBM-NU803 Datasheet
Surface Mount LED Indicator
The Long-Life White PLCC-4 SMT LEDs is the latest
extension to our White PLCC-4 packages where besides
having higher flux output, the Long-Life White PLCC-4
is designed to work under a wide range of environment
condition, with reliable and stable performance. The
structure and materials used for Long-Life White PLCC-4
enable the packages to endure minimal degradation and
hence consistent performance throughout the product
life time. Moreover, the Long-Life White PLCC-4 SMT LEDs
is a 8-binned product for color, an enhance feature from
the previous PLCC-4 white who is binned with 6 color
binning only. These tigher color binning will ensure better
color grouping with better uniformity.
The Long-Life White PLCC-4 SMT LEDs is suitable to be
used in Interior Automotive application, Electronics Signs
and Signals application. Besides that, the super wide
viewing angle at 120° makes these LEDs ideally suited for
instrument cluster panel, push button, or general back-
lighting in automotive interior, office equipment, industri-
al equipment, and home appliances. The flat top emitting
surface makes it easy for these LEDs to mate with light
pipes. With the built-in reflector pushing up the intensity
of the light output, these super high brightness LEDs can
be used in localized area ambience lighting in applica-
tions such as vanity mirror light, cabin light, and car door
puddle light. The white color backlighting is suitable to
backlight color LCD screens in applications such as GPS
(global positioning system) screen in cars.
To facilitate easy pick and place assembly, the LEDs are
packed in EIA-compliant tape and reel. Every reel will be
shipped in single intensity and color bin, to provide close
These LEDs are compatible with IR solder reflow process.
Industry standard PLCC-4
High reliability LED package
Long Life, up to 50,000 hours at 25C
High brightness using InGaN dice technologies
High optical efficiency
Super wide viewing angle at 120°
Tight white color binning – 8 bins
Available is 8mm carrier tape on 7-inch reel
• Stabile & Consistent performance with minimum
degradation with Silicone Encapsulation
JEDEC MSL 2a
Interior & exterior automotive
– Instrument panel backlighting
– Central console backlighting
– Navigation and audio system backlighting
– Dome/Map lighting
– Push button backlighting
– Number plate illumination
– Rear reverse lamp indicator
Electronic signs and signals
– Decorative lighting
Office automation, home appliances, industrial
– Front panel backlighting
– Push button backlighting
CAUTION: ASMT-SWBM-Nxxxx LEDs are Class 2 ESD sensitive. Please observe appropriate precautions
during handling and processing. Refer to Avago Application Note AN-1142 for additional details.
2.8 ± 0.2
2.2 ± 0.2
1.9 ± 0.2
0.8 ± 0.1
3.2 ± 0.2
3.5 ± 0.2
0.7 ± 0.1
ALL DIMENSIONS IN mm.
ELECTRICAL CONNECTION BETWEEN ALL CATHODES IS RECOMMENDED.
0.8 ± 0.3
0.5 ± 0.1
Table 1. Device Selection Guide
Color Part Number
Min. IV (mcd) Typ. IV (mcd) Max. IV (mcd) Test Current (mA) Dice Technology
1. The luminous intensity IV, is measured at the mechanical axis of the lamp package. The actual peak of the spatial radiation pattern may not be
aligned with this axis.
2. IV tolerance ±12%
Part Numbering System
A S M T – S X1 B M – NX2 X3 X4 X5
Color Bin Selection
Intensity Bin Limit
Intensity Bin Selection
LED Chip Color
Table 2. Absolute Maximum Ratings (TA = 25°C)
DC Forward Current 
Peak Forward Current 
- 40°C to + 110°C
- 40°C to + 110°C
1. Derate linearly as shown in Figure 4.
2. Duty Factor = 0.5%, Frequency = 500Hz.
Table 3. Optical Characteristics (TA = 25°C)
Total Flux 
/ Luminous Intensity
V (lm) / IV (cd)
White ASMT-SWBM-Nxxxx InGaN
1. The chromaticity coordinates are derived from the CIE 1931 Chromaticity Diagram and represent the perceived color of the device.
2. ½ is the off-axis angle where the luminous intensity is ½ the peak intensity.
3. V is the total luminous flux output as measured with an integrating sphere at mono pulse conditions.
Table 4. Electrical Characteristics (TA = 25°C)
VF (Volts) @ IF = 30 mA 
1. Tolerance = ±0.1V
VR @ 10A
Table 5. Targeted Mean Lifetime
Mean Luminous Maintenance (L50)
IF = 25mA TA = 85°C
IF = 25mA TA = 25°C
1. The typical data or calculated correlations can only reflect statistical figure, hence can only be used for reference only
2. All data shown based on Thermal Resistance RJA=300C/W.
3. Due to technical improvement,Avago technologies reserved right to change the typical data without any further notice.
@ 2014 :: Datasheetspdf.com ::|