Driver IC. LNK407 Datasheet
LinkSwitch-PH LED Driver IC
|Total Page||20 Pages|
This product is not recommended for new designs.
LinkSwitch-PH LED Driver IC Family
Single-Stage PFC, Primary-Side Constant Current Control
and TRIAC Dimming/Non-Dimming Options
Dramatically Simplifies Off-line LED Drivers
• Single-stage combination of power factor correction and
accurate constant-current (CC) output
• Enables very long lifetime designs (no electrolytic capacitors)
• Eliminates optocoupler and all secondary current control
• Eliminates control loop compensation circuitry
• Simple primary-side PWM dimming interface
• Universal input voltage range
• LNK403-410 optimized for flicker-free TRIAC dimming
EcoSmart™ – Energy Efficient
• Single-stage PFC combined with output CC control
• Greatly increases efficiency, >90% achievable
• Reduces component count
• No current sense resistors
• Low standby power remote ON/OFF feature
(<50 mW at 230 VAC)
Accurate and Consistent Performance
• Compensates for transformer inductance variations
• Compensates for line input voltage variation
• Frequency jittering greatly reduces EMI filter size and cost
Advanced Protection and Safety Features
• Auto-restart for short-circuit protection
• Open circuit fault detection mode
• Automatic thermal shutdown restart with hysteresis
• Meets high voltage creepage requirement between DRAIN and
all other signal pins both on PCB and at package
• Halogen free and ROHS compliant package
• Off-line LED driver
The LinkSwitch™-PH dramatically simplifies implementation of
LED drivers requiring long lifetime, high efficiency, PF >0.9, and
TRIAC dimming capability (LNK403-410). The single-stage
combined power factor and constant-current controller eliminates
a switching stage and the electrolytic bulk capacitor. The
advanced primary-side control used by the LinkSwitch-PH device
provides accurate constant current control while eliminating the
need for an optocoupler and current sensing circuits.
IN D V LinkSwitch-PH
S R FB
Figure 1. Typical Application Schematic.
Output Power Table1,2
RV = 2 MW
RV = 4 MW
Table 1. Output Power Table.
1. Continuous power in an open frame with adequate heat sinking at device local
ambient of 70 °C.
2. Power level calculated on typical LED string voltage with efficiency >80%.
MPMaiancxikmimaugumem: oeouSutIpPtpu-u7ttCppo,owewSeeIrPrw-w7itFiht.hCCBBPP==1100m0Fm. F.
LNK4x3EG CBP = 10 mF.
LinkSwitch-PH incorporates a 725 V power FET, a continuous-
mode PWM controller, a high-voltage switched current source for
self biasing, frequency jittering, protection circuitry including
cycle-by-cycle current limit and hysteretic thermal shutdown.
eSIP-7C (E Package)
Figure 2. Package Options.
eSIP-7F (L Package)
This Product is Covered by Patents and/or Pending Patent Applications.
Figure 3. Functional Block Diagram.
Pin Functional Description
DRAIN (D) Pin:
This pin is the power FET drain connection. It also provides
internal operating current for both start-up and steady-state
SOURCE (S) Pin:
This pin is the power FET source connection. It is also the
ground reference for the BYPASS, FEEDBACK, REFERENCE and
VOLTAGE MONITOR pins.
BYPASS (BP) Pin:
This is the connection point for an external bypass capacitor for
the internally generated 5.9 V supply. This pin also provides
output power selection through choice of the BYPASS pin
FEEDBACK (FB) Pin:
The FEEDBACK pin is used for output voltage feedback. The
current into the FEEDBACK pin is directly proportional to the
output voltage. The FEEDBACK pin also includes circuitry to
protect against open load and overload output conditions.
REFERENCE (R) Pin:
This pin is connected to an external precision resistor and is
used to configure for dimming (LNK403-410) and non-TRIAC
dimming (LNK413-420) modes of operation.
VOLTAGE MONITOR (V) Pin:
This pin interfaces with an external input line peak detector,
consisting of a rectifier, filter capacitor and resistors. The
applied current is used to control stop logic for line under-
voltage (UV), overvoltage (OV), provide feed-forward to control
the output current and the remote ON/OFF function.
E Package (eSIP-7C)
L Package (eSIP-7F)
SOURCE Pin (see
Lead Bend Outward
(Refer to eSIP-7F Package
Figure 4. Pin Configuration.
Rev. G 06/15
@ 2014 :: Datasheetspdf.com ::|