Reflective Optoswitch. VTR17D1H Datasheet
Arrow Retro with Flying Leads
This series of reflective optical switches combines an infrared emitting diode (IRED) with
an NPN phototransistor (VTR17D1H) in a one piece, sealed, IR transmitting plastic case.
The sealed construction improves resistance to moisture and debris. Units have 12",
#26 AWG leads. Refer to VTR16xx for devices with PC. board mounting leads.
ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM RATINGS
Storage and Operating:
-40°C to 85°C
-40°C to 85°C
GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS (@ 25°C unless otherwise noted)
Continuous Forward Current
Forward Voltage Drop
Collector Breakdown Voltage
Emitter Breakdown Voltage
IR = 100 µA
Derate 0.73 mA/°C above 30°C
IF = 20 mA
IC = 100 µA
IE = 100 µA
Derate 0.91 mW/°C above 30°C
PACKAGE DIMENSIONS inch (mm)
40 mA Max.
50 mW Max.
Excelitas Technologies, 22001 Dumberry, Vaudreuil, Canada J7V 8P7
Phone: 877-734-6786 Fax: 450-424-3413
ELECTRO-OPTICAL CHARACTERISTICS @ 25°C (See also curves, pages 20-22)
LIGHT CURRENT, IP (2)
DARK CURRENT (3) (4)
1. The case material is polysulfone and should be cleaned with alcohol or freon TF only. Avoid chlorinated hydrocarbons and
solvents such as acetone or toluene, as damage may result.
2. The light current is measured using a 90% reflective surface at the specified distance from Ref. A (refer to Package Dimension
Outline on previous page).
3. The dark current is measured with the part totally shielded from ambient light. With 2150 lux (200 fc) from a cool white
fluorescent lamp perpendicular to the sensing axis, the detector current will be typically 3 µA for VTR17D1H. The same
illumination concentric to the sensing axis will result in a detector current of 50 µA for VTR17D1H. Equivalent light from an
incandescent lamp will result in significantly greater currents.
4. With the specified IRED forward current and no reflecting surface, the crosstalk is typically less than 3 µA for VTR17D1.
5. VTR17D1 accommodates most applications.
Excelitas Technologies, 10900 Page Ave., St. Louis, MO 63132 USA
Phone: 314-423-4900 Fax: 314-423-3956 Web: www.excelitas.com