Dual 3A/Single 6A Step-Down DC/DC Power Module
The ISL8203M is an integrated step-down power module rated
for dual 3A output current or 6A current sharing operation.
Optimized for generating low output voltages down to 0.8V, the
ISL8203M is ideal for any low power low voltage applications.
The supply voltage range is from 2.85V to 6V. The two
channels are 180° out-of-phase for input RMS current and EMI
reduction. Each channel is capable of 3A output current. They
can be combined to form a single 6A output in current sharing
mode. While in current sharing mode, the interleaving of the
two channels reduces input and output voltage ripple.
The ISL8203M offers an independent Power-Good (PG) signal
for each channel. When shut down, the ISL8203M discharges
the output capacitor. Other features include internal digital
soft-start, enable for power sequence, overcurrent protection
and over-temperature protection.
The ISL8203M integrates a PWM controller, synchronous
switching MOSFETs, inductors and passive components to
maximize efficiency and minimize external component count.
The ISL8203M is available in a thermally-enhanced, compact
• Dual 3A and single 6A switching power supply
• High efficiency, up to 95%
• Input voltage range: 2.85V to 6V
• Output voltage range: 0.8V to 5V
• Internal digital soft-start: 1.5ms
• External synchronization up to 4MHz
• Compact size: 9.0mmx6.5mmx1.83mm
• Peak current limiting and hiccup mode short-circuit
• Overcurrent protection
• µC/µP, FPGA and DSP power
• Plug-in DC/DC modules for routers and switchers
• Test and measurement systems
• Barcode reader
• AN1941, “ISL8203MEVAL2Z Evaluation Board User Guide”
2.85V TO 6V
FIGURE 1. TYPICAL APPLICATION CIRCUIT - DUAL 3A
FIGURE 2. SMALL FOOTPRINT PACKAGE WITH LOW PROFILE
May 12, 2016
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2014-2016. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.