Wide VIN 300mA Synchronous Buck Regulator
The ISL85413 is a 300mA synchronous buck regulator with an
input range of 3.5V to 40V. It provides an easy to use, high
efficiency low BOM count solution for a variety of applications.
The ISL85413 integrates both high-side and low-side NMOS
FETs and features a PFM mode for improved efficiency at light
loads. This feature can be disabled if forced PWM mode is
desired. The part switches at a default frequency of 700kHz.
By integrating both NMOS devices and providing internal
configuration, minimal external components are required,
reducing BOM count and complexity of design.
With the wide VIN range and reduced BOM, the part provides
an easy to implement design solution for a variety of
applications while giving superior performance. It will provide a
very robust design for high voltage industrial applications as
well as an efficient solution for battery powered applications.
The part is available in a small Pb-free 3mmx3mm TDFN
plastic package with an operation junction temperature range
of -40°C to +125°C.
• AN1929, “ISL85413EVAL1Z, ISL85412EVAL1Z Evaluation
• Wide input voltage range of 3.5V to 40V
• Synchronous operation for high efficiency
• No compensation required
• Integrated high-side and low-side NMOS devices
• Selectable PFM or forced PWM mode at light loads
• Internal switching frequency 700kHz
• Continuous output current up to 300mA
• Internal soft-start
• Minimal external components required
• Power-good and enable functions available
• Industrial control
• Medical devices
• Portable instrumentation
• Distributed power supplies
• Cloud infrastructure
• AN1931, “ISL85413DEMO1Z, ISL85412DEMO1Z Wide VIN
Synchronous Buck Regulator - Short Form”
VIN +3.5 ... +40V
fSW = 700kHz
L1 Device must be
connected to GND
plane with Vias.
FIGURE 1. TYPICAL APPLICATION
0 0.03 0.06 0.09 0.12 0.15 0.18 0.21 0.24 0.27 0.30
OUTPUT LOAD (A)
FIGURE 2. EFFICIENCY vs LOAD, PFM, VIN = 12V
March 13, 2015
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2014, 2015. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.