High Efficiency Buck-Boost Regulator with 4.1A
The ISL91107IR is a highly-integrated buck-boost switching
regulator that accepts input voltages either above or below the
regulated output voltage. Unlike other buck-boost regulators,
this regulator automatically transitions between operating
modes without significant output disturbance.
This device is capable of delivering up to 2A of output current
(PVIN = 2.8V, VOUT = 3.3V) and provides excellent efficiency
due to its fully synchronous 4-switch architecture. No-load
quiescent current of only 45µA also optimizes efficiency under
light load conditions.
The ISL91107IR is designed for standalone applications and
supports 3.3V fixed output voltages or variable output voltages
with an external resistor divider. Output voltages as low as 1V
or as high as 5.2V are supported using an external resistor
The ISL91107IR requires only a single inductor and very few
external components. Power supply solution size is minimized
by its 2.5MHz switching frequency, allowing small size external
The ISL91107IR is available in a 3x4 20 Ld TQFN package.
• Accepts input voltages above or below regulated output
• Automatic and seamless transitions between buck and
• Input voltage range: 1.8V to 5.5V
• Output current: up to 2A (PVIN = 2.8V, VOUT = 3.3V)
• High efficiency: up to 96%
• 45µA quiescent current maximizes light load efficiency
• 2.5MHz switching frequency minimizes external component
• Selectable forced PWM mode
• Fully protected for short-circuit, over-temperature and
• Small 3mmx4mm TQFN package
• Smartphones and tablet PCs
• Wireless communication devices
• Optical modules networking equipment
1.8V TO 5.5V
VOUT = 3.3V
FIGURE 1. TYPICAL ISL91107IRTNZ APPLICATION
95 VIN = 3.6V
80 VIN = 4.2V
VIN = 2.7V
VIN = 3V
65 VIN = 2.5V
LOAD CURRENT (A)
FIGURE 2. EFFICIENCY vs OUTPUT CURRENT (VOUT = 3.3V)
March 2, 2015
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Copyright Intersil Americas LLC 2015. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.