SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Order this document
Standard Recovery Rectifiers
Lead mounted standard recovery rectifiers are designed for use in power supplies
and other applications having need of a device with the following features:
• High Current to Small Size
• High Surge Current Capability
• Low Forward Voltage Drop
• Void–Free Economical Plastic Package
• Available in Volume Quantities
• Case: Epoxy, Molded
• Weight: 1.1 gram (approximately)
• Finish: All External Surfaces Corrosion Resistant and Terminal Leads are
• Lead and Mounting Surface Temperature for Soldering Purposes:
220°C Max. for 10 Seconds, 1/16″ from case
• Shipped in plastic bags, 5,000 per bag.
• Available Tape and Reeled, 1500 per reel, by adding a “RL” suffix to the
• Polarity: Cathode Indicated by Polarity Band
• Marking: 1N5400, 1N5401, 1N5402, 1N5404, 1N5406, 1N5407, 1N5408
1N5404 and 1N5406 are
Motorola Preferred Devices
Symbol 1N5400 1N5401 1N5402 1N5404 1N5406 1N5407 1N5408 Unit
Peak Repetitive Reverse Voltage
Working Peak Reverse Voltage
DC Blocking Voltage
100 200 400 600 800 1000 Volts
Non–repetitive Peak Reverse Voltage
800 1000 1200 Volts
Average Rectified Forward Current
(Single Phase Resistive Load,
1/2″ Leads, TL = 105°C)
Non–repetitive Peak Surge Current
(Surge Applied at Rated Load Conditions)
200 (one cycle)
Operating and Storage Junction
– 65 to +170
– 65 to +175
Thermal Resistance, Junction to Ambient (PC Board Mount, 1/2″ Leads)
*Instantaneous Forward Voltage (1)
(iF = 9.4 Amp)
vF — — 1.2 Volts
Average Reverse Current (1)
DC Reverse Current (Rated dc Voltage, TL = 80°C)
— 500 µA
* JEDEC Registered Data.
(1) Measured in a single phase halfwave circuit such as shown in Figure 6.25 of EIA RS–282, November 1963. Operated at rated load conditions
TL = 80°C, IO = 3.0 A, Vr = VRWM.
Preferred devices are Motorola recommended choices for future use and best overall value.
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
60 Hz resistive or inductive loads.
For capacitive load, derate current by 20%.
©RMeoctotriofilea,rInDce. 1v9ic96e Data