EVALUATION KIT AVAILABLE
Low-Power, Ultra-Small, Dual Driver,
IO-Link Device Transceiver
The MAX14827A integrates the high-voltage functions
commonly found in industrial sensors, including drivers
and regulators. The MAX14827A features two ultra low-
power drivers with active reverse-polarity protection.
Operation is specified for normal 24V supply voltages
up to 60V. Transient protection is simplified due to high
voltage tolerance allowing the use of micro TVS.
The device features a flexible control interface. Pin-
control logic inputs allow for operation with switching
sensors that do not use a microcontroller. For sensors that
use a microcontroller, an SPI interface is available with
extensive diagnostics. For IO-Link operation, a three-wire
UART interface is provided, allowing interfacing to the
microcontroller UART. Finally, a multiplexed UART/SPI
option allows using one serial microcontroller interface for
shared SPI and UART interfaces.
The device includes on-board 3.3V and 5V linear
regulators for low-noise analog/logic supply rails.
The MAX14827A is available in a (4mm x 4mm) 24-pin
TQFN package and a (2.5mm x 2.5mm) 25-pin wafer-
level package (WLP) and is specified over the extended
-40°C to +125°C temperature range.
●● Industrial sensors
●● IO-Link sensors and actuators
●● Safety applications
Benefits and Features
●● Low Power Dissipation for Small Sensors
• 2.3Ω/2.7Ω (typ) Driver On-Resistance
• 70mW (typ) Power Dissipation at 100mA (When
Both C/Q and DO Drivers Are Driving)
●● High Configurability and Integration Reduce SKUs
• Auxiliary 24V Digital Output and Input
• Selectable Driver Current: 50mA to 250mA
• SPI/Pin-Control Interface for Configuration and
• Multiplexed SPI/UART Interface Option
• 5V and 3.3V Linear Regulators
• Optional External Transistor Supports Higher
Regulator Load Capability
• Integrated LED Driver
●● Selectable Driver Integrated Protection Enables
• 65V Absolute Maximum Ratings on Interface and
Supply Pins Allows for Flexible TVS Protection
• 9V to 60V Specified Operation
• Glitch Filters for Improved Burst Resilience and
• Thermal Shutdown Auto-Retry Cycling
• Hot-Plug Supply Protection
• Reverse Polarity Protection of All Sensor Interface
• -40°C to +125°C Operating Temperature Range
Ordering Information appears at end of data sheet.
Typical Operating Circuit
IO-Link is a registered trademark of Profibus User Organization (PNO).
SPI is a trademark of Motorola, Inc.
19-8592; Rev 1; 9/16