Serial Flash. SST25WF020A Datasheet
2 Mbit 1.8V SPI Serial Flash
• Single Voltage Read and Write Operations
• Serial Interface Architecture
- SPI Compatible: Mode 0 and Mode 3
• High Speed Clock Frequency
• Superior Reliability
- Endurance: 100,000 Cycles
- Greater than 20 years Data Retention
• Ultra-Low Power Consumption:
- Active Read Current: 4 mA (typical)
- Standby Current: 10 μA (typical)
- Power-down Mode Standby Current: 4 μA (typical)
• Flexible Erase Capability
- Uniform 4 KByte sectors
- Uniform 64 KByte overlay blocks
• Page Program Mode
- 256 Bytes/Page
• Fast Erase and Page-Program:
- Chip-Erase Time: 300 ms (typical)
- Sector-Erase Time: 40 ms (typical)
- Block-Erase Time: 80 ms (typical)
- Page-Program Time: 3 ms/ 256 bytes (typical)
• End-of-Write Detection
- Software polling the BUSY bit in Status Register
• Hold Pin (HOLD#)
- Suspend a serial sequence without deselect-
ing the device
• Write Protection (WP#)
- Enables/Disables the Lock-Down function of
the status register
• Software Write Protection
- Write protection through Block-Protection bits
in status register
• Temperature Range
- Industrial: -40°C to +85°C
• Packages Available
- 8-lead SOIC (150 mils)
- 8-contact USON (2mm x 3mm)
- 8-contact WDFN(5mm x 6mm)
• All devices are RoHS compliant
SST25WF020A is a member of the Serial Flash 25
Series family and feature a four-wire, SPI-compatible
interface that allows for a low pin-count package which
occupies less board space and ultimately lowers total
system costs. SPI serial flash memory is manufactured
with proprietary, high-performance CMOS SuperFlash
technology. The split-gate cell design and thick-oxide
tunneling injector attain better reliability and manufac-
turability compared with alternate approaches.
This Serial Flash significantly improve performance
and reliability, while lowering power consumption. The
device writes (Program or Erase) with a single power
supply of 1.65-1.95V. The total energy consumed is a
function of the applied voltage, current, and time of
application. Since for any given voltage range, the
SuperFlash technology uses less current to program
and has a shorter erase time, the total energy con-
sumed during any Erase or Program operation is less
than alternative flash memory technologies.
SST25WF020A is offered in 8-lead SOIC, 8-contact
USON, and 8-contact WDFN packages. See Figure 2-
1 for the pin assignments.
2014 Microchip Technology Inc.
TO OUR VALUED CUSTOMERS
It is our intention to provide our valued customers with the best documentation possible to ensure successful use of your Microchip
products. To this end, we will continue to improve our publications to better suit your needs. Our publications will be refined and
enhanced as new volumes and updates are introduced.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this publication, please contact the Marketing Communications Department via
E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback.
Most Current Data Sheet
To obtain the most up-to-date version of this data sheet, please register at our Worldwide Web site at:
You can determine the version of a data sheet by examining its literature number found on the bottom outside corner of any page.
The last character of the literature number is the version number, (e.g., DS30000000A is version A of document DS30000000).
An errata sheet, describing minor operational differences from the data sheet and recommended workarounds, may exist for current
devices. As device/documentation issues become known to us, we will publish an errata sheet. The errata will specify the revision
of silicon and revision of document to which it applies.
To determine if an errata sheet exists for a particular device, please check with one of the following:
• Microchip’s Worldwide Web site; http://www.microchip.com
• Your local Microchip sales office (see last page)
When contacting a sales office, please specify which device, revision of silicon and data sheet (include literature number) you are
Customer Notification System
Register on our web site at www.microchip.com to receive the most current information on all of our products.
2014 Microchip Technology Inc.