SMBJ5913B – SMBJ5956B
SILICON 2.0 Watt ZENER DIODES
The SMBJ5913B - SMBJ5956B series of surface mount 2.0 watt Zeners provides a selection
from 3.3 to 200 volts with different tolerance options available. This series is equivalent to the
JEDEC registered 1N5913 thru 1N5956 series with identical electrical characteristics except
these are rated at 2.0 W instead of 1.5 W with the lower thermal resistance features of the
surface mount packaging. Its featured J-bend design in the DO-214AA package is ideal for
greater PC board mounting density. It is also available as RoHS compliant with an e3 suffix.
Microsemi also offers numerous other Zener products to meet higher and lower power
Important: For the latest information, visit our website http://www.microsemi.com.
• Surface mount equivalent to JEDEC registered 1N5913 thru 1N5956.
• Ideal for high-density and low-profile mounting.
• Zener voltage available 3.3 V to 200 V.
• Standard voltage tolerances are plus/minus 5% and 10%.
• A tighter tolerance is available in plus or minus 2%.
• RoHS compliant versions available.
NOTE: All SMB series are
equivalent to prior SMS package
Also available in:
(Gull-wing surface mount)
SMBG5913 – SMBG5956B
APPLICATIONS / BENEFITS
• Regulates voltage over a broad operating current and temperature range.
• Wide selection from 3.3 to 200 V.
• Non-sensitive to ESD per MIL-STD-750 method 1020.
• Withstands high surge stresses (see Figure 2).
• Minimal changes of voltage versus current.
• High specified maximum current (IZM) when adequately heat sunk.
• Moisture classification is Level 1 per IPC/JEDEC J-STD-020B with no dry pack required.
Junction and Storage Temperature
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Lead
Thermal Resistance Junction-to-Ambient (1)
Steady-State Power Dissipation @ TL < 80 oC (2)
Forward Voltage @ 200 mA
Solder Temperature @ 10 s
TJ and TSTG
-65 to +150
Notes: 1. When mounted on FR4 PC board (1oz Cu) with recommended footprint (see last page).
2. Or 1.25 watts at TA = 25 ºC when mounted on FR4 PC board with recommended footprint (also see
MSC – Lawrence
6 Lake Street,
Lawrence, MA 01841
Tel: 1-800-446-1158 or
Fax: (978) 689-0803
MSC – Ireland
Gort Road Business Park,
Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland
Tel: +353 (0) 65 6840044
Fax: +353 (0) 65 6822298
RF01101-2, Rev. 1 (XXXX)
©2012 Microsemi Corporation
Page 1 of 5