Integrated Circuit. TPD1053F Datasheet
Toshiba Intelligent Power Device Silicon Monolithic Power MOS Integrated Circuit
Motor, Solenoid, Lamp Drivers
High-side Power Switch
The TPD1053F is a monolithic power IC for high-side switches.
The IC has a vertical MOSFET output which can be directly
driven from a CMOS or TTL logic circuit (e.g., an MPU). The
device offers intelligent self-protection and diagnostic functions.
• A monolithic power IC with a structure combining a control
block (Bi-CMOS) and a vertical power MOSFET on a single
Weight: 0.08 g (Typ.)
• One side of load can be grounded to a high-side switch.
• Can directly drive a power load from a microprocessor.
• Built-in protection against over temperature and load short-circuiting.
• Incorporates a diagnosis function that allows diagnosis output to be read externally at load short-circuiting,
opening, or over temperature.
• Up to -16(Typ.) of counter electromotive force from an inductance load can be applied.
• Low on-resistance : RDS(ON)=0.12Ω(Max) ( @ VDD = 12 V, Tch = 25°C, IO = 2 A)
• 8-pin SOP package for surface mounting that can be packed in tape.
Part No. (or abbreviation code)
● on the lower left of the marking indicates Pin 1.
* Weekly code : (Three digits)
Week of manufacture
(01 for first week of year, continuing up to 52 or 53)
Year of manufacture
(The last digit of the calendar year)
Note 1 : A line under a Lot No. indentifies the indication of product Labels.
Not underlined : [[Pb]]/INCLUDES > MCV
Underlined : [[G]]/RoHS COMPATIBLE or [[G]]/RoHS[[Pb]]
Please contact your TOSHIBA sales representative for details as to
environmental matters such as the RoHS compatibility of Product.
The RoHS is the Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and
of the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain
hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
Due to its MOS structure, this product is sensitive to static electricity.
Start of commercial production
Over current detection
Output pin. When the load is short-circuited and current in excess of the detection current (3A min)
flows to the output pin, the output automatically turns on or off.
Self-diagnosis detection pin.
Goes low when over temperature is detected or when output is short circuit with input on (high).
N-channel open drain.
Input pin. Input is CMOS compatible, with pull down resistor connected.
Even if the input is open, output will not accidentally turn on.