Microcontroller. MK22FN512VMP12 Datasheet
Data Sheet: Technical Data
Rev. 7.1, 08/2016
Kinetis K22F 512KB Flash
120 MHz ARM® Cortex®-M4 Based Microcontroller with FPU
The Kinetis K22 product family members are optimized for cost-
sensitive applications requiring low-power, USB connectivity, and
processing efficiency and high peripheral integration with a
floating point unit. These devices share the comprehensive
enablement and scalability of the Kinetis family.
This product offers:
• Run power consumption down to 156 µA/MHz and static
power consumption down to 3.8 µA, full state retention and
6 µS wakeup. Lowest static mode down to 140 nA.
• USB LS/FS OTG 2.0 with embedded 3.3 V, 120 mA LDO
voltage regulator. USB FS device crystal-less functionality.
121 XFBGA (DC)
8 x 8 x 0.5 mm P .65
100 & 64 LQFP(LL&LH)
14x14x1.4 mm P .5(LL)
10x10x1.4 mm P .5(LH)
64 MAPBGA (MP)
88 QFN (FX)
5 x 5 x 1.2 mm P .5 10 x 10 x 0.9 mm P .4
• 120 MHz ARM Cortex-M4 core with DSP instructions
delivering 1.25 Dhrystone MIPS per MHz
Memories and memory interfaces
• 512 KB of embedded flash and 128 KB of RAM
• FlexBus external bus interface 1
• Serial programming interface (EzPort)
• Preprogrammed Kinetis flashloader for one-time, in-
system factory programming
• Two 8-ch general purpose/PWM timers
• Two 2-ch general purpose timers with quadrature
• Periodic interrupt timers
• 16-bit low-power timer
• Real-time clock with independent power domain
• Programmable delay block
Security and integrity modules
• Hardware CRC module
• 128-bit unique identification (ID) number per chip
• Hardware random-number generator
• Flash access control to protect proprietary software
• Voltage range (including flash writes): 1.71 to 3.6 V
• Temperature range (ambient): -40 to 105°C
• Two 16-bit SAR ADCs (1.2 MS/s in 12bit mode)
• Two 12-bit DACs 2
• Two analog comparators (CMP) with 6-bit DAC
• Accurate internal voltage reference
• Flexible low-power modes, multiple wake-up
• 16-channel DMA controller
• Independent external and software watchdog
• Two crystal oscillators: 32 kHz (RTC) and 32-40 kHz
or 3-32 MHz
• Three internal oscillators: 32 kHz, 4 MHz, & 48 MHz
• Multipurpose clock generator with PLL and FLL
• USB full/low-speed On-the-Go controller
• USB full-speed device crystal-less operation
• Two SPI modules and I2S module
• Three UART modules and one low-power UART
• Two I2C: Support for up to 1 Mbps operation
• Up to 81 general-purpose I/O (GPIO)
NXP reserves the right to change the production detail specifications as may be
required to permit improvements in the design of its products.
1. MK22FN512VFX12 (88QFN) does not support the FlexBus function.
2. MK22FN512VFX12 (88QFN) does not support the DAC1 function.
Maximum number of I/O's
Device Mask Set Number
Device Revision Number
JTAG ID Register[PRN]
Selector Guide The NXP Solution Advisor is a web-based tool that features interactive
application wizards and a dynamic product selector
The Product Brief contains concise overview/summary information to enable K22FPB
quick evaluation of a device for design suitability.
The Reference Manual contains a comprehensive description of the
structure and function (operation) of a device.
The Data Sheet is this document. It includes electrical characteristics and
The chip mask set Errata provides additional or corrective information for a KINETIS_K_xN50M1
particular device mask set.
Package drawing Package dimensions are provided by part number:
This engineering bulletin gives connection recommendations specifically for
microcontrollers in DFN and QFN packages.
Recommendations for the
Exposed Pad on QFN and
1. To find the associated resource, go to nxp.com and perform a search using this term with the x replaced by the revision
of the device you are using.
Figure 1 shows the functional modules in the chip.
Kinetis K22F 512KB Flash, Rev. 7.1, 08/2016