16-bit Buffers / Drivers with 3-state Outputs
The HD74ALVCH162244 is designed specifically to improve both the performance and density of 3-state
memory address drivers, clock drivers, and bus oriented receivers and transmitters. The device can be used
as four 4-bit buffers, two 8-bit buffers, or one 16-bit buffer. It provides true outputs and symmetrical
active-low output-enable (OE) inputs.
To ensure the high impedance state during power up or power down, OE should be tied to VCC through a
pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current sinking capability of the
Active bus hold circuitry is provided to hold unused or floating data inputs at a valid logic level.
All outputs, which are designed to sink up to 12 mA, include 26 Ω resistors to reduce overshoot and
• VCC = 2.3 V to 3.6 V
• Typical VOL ground bounce < 0.8 V (@VCC = 3.3 V, Ta = 25°C)
• Typical VOH undershoot > 2.0 V (@VCC = 3.3 V, Ta = 25°C)
• High output current ±12 mA (@VCC = 3.0 V)
• Bus hold on data inputs eliminates the need for external pullup / pulldown resistors
• All outputs have equivalent 26 Ω series resistors, so no external resistors are required.
Rev.3.00, Oct.02.2003, page 1 of 9