MOS INTEGRATED CIRCUIT
4-BIT SINGLE-CHIP MICROCOMPUTER
The µPD75512(A) is a 4-bit single-chip microcomputer which employs 75X series architecture, and its
performance is comparable to that of an 8-bit microcomputer.
In addition to its high-speed processing capabilities, the µPD75512(A) is also capable of processing data in
units of 1, 4, or in 8-bits. With its internally provided A/D converter and serial interface, theµPD75512(A) provides
the highest performance in its class.
Detailed functions are described in the following user‘s manual. Be sure to read it for designing.
µPD75516 User‘s Maual: IEM-5049
• Higher reliability than µPD75512
• Adequate I/O lines: 64
(can be provided with pull-up/pull-down resistors: 47)
• Built-in 8-bit serial interface: 2-ch
NEC standard serial bus interface (SBI) internally provided
• Built-in 8-bit A/D converter: 8-ch
• Variable instruction execution time function which is convenient for high-speed operation and power saving
· 0.95 µs/1.95 µs/15.3 µs (at 4.19 MHz operation),
· 122 µs (at 32.768 kHz operation)
• Program memory (ROM) size: 12,160 × 8 bits
• Data memory (RAM) size: 512 × 4 bits
• High-performance timer function: 4-ch
· 8-bit timer/event counter
· Watch timer
· 8-bit basic interval timer
· Timer/pulse generator: Capable of outputting 14-bit PWM
• Clock operation for reduced power consumption possible
(5 µA TYP. at 3 V operation)
• PROM version (µPD75P516) available
Switable for automotive and transportation equipments, etc.
Document No. IC-2815A
(O. D. No. IC-8265A)
Date Published January 1994 P
Printed in Japan
The information in this document is subject to change without notice.
The mark 5 shows major revised points.
© NEC Corporation 1991