256Mb: x16, x32 2.5V VEXT, 1.8V VDD, 1.8V VDDQ, RLDRAM
Reduced Latency DRAM (RLDRAM®)
MT49H8M32 – 1 Meg x 32 x 8 Banks
MT49H16M16 – 2 Meg x 16 x 8 Banks
For the latest data sheet, refer to Micron’s Web site: www.micron.com/products/dram/rldram/
• Organization: 8 Meg x 32, 16 Meg x 16 in 8 banks
• Cyclic bank addressing for maximum data
• Non multiplexed addresses
• Non interruptible sequential burst of two (2-bit
prefetch) and four (4-bit prefetch) DDR
• Up to 600 Mb/sec/pin data rate
• Programmable READ latency (RL) of 5-6
• Data valid signal (DVLD) activated as read data is
• Data mask signals (DM0/DM1) to mask first and
• second part of write data burst
• IEEE 1149.1 compliant JTAG boundary scan
• 2.5V VEXT, 1.8V VDD, 1.8V VDDQ I/O
• Pseudo-HSTL 1.8V I/O Supply
• Internal auto precharge
• Refresh requirements: 32ms at 95°C case
temperature (8K refresh for each bank, 64K refresh
command must be issued in total each 32ms)
• 144-pin, 11mm x 18.5mm µBGA/FBGA package
• Clock Cycle Timing
– 3.3ns (300 MHz)
– 4ns (250 MHz)
– 5ns (200 MHz)
– 8 Meg x 32 (1 Meg x 32 x 8 banks)
– 16 Meg x 16 (2 Meg x 16
x 8 banks)
• Operating temperature
– Commercial (0°C to +95°C)
– Industrial (TC = –40°C to +95°C)
– Industrial (TA = –40°C to +85°C)
– 144-ball, µBGA
– 144-ball, µBGA (Pb-Free)
– 144-ball, FBGA
– 144-ball, FBGA (Pb-Free)
Notes: 1. Contact factory for availability.
2. End of life.
3. The FBGA package is being phased out.
Figure 1: 144-Ball µBGA
Table 1: Valid Part Numbers
8 Meg x 32
16 Meg x 16
The Micron® 256Mb reduced latency DRAM
(RLDRAM®) contains 8 banks x32Mb of memory
accessible with 32-bit or 16-bit I/Os in a double data
rate (DDR) form at where the data is provided and syn-
chronized with a differential echo clock signal.
RLDRAM does not require row/column address multi-
plexing and is optimized for fast random access and
RLDRAM is designed for high bandwidth communica-
tion data storage—telecommunications, networking,
and cache applications, etc.
pdf: 09005aef81121545/source: 09005aef810c0ffc
256Mbx16x32RLDRAM_1.fm - Rev I 4/08 EN
1 Micron Technology, Inc., reserves the right to change products or specifications without notice.
©2001 Micron Technology, Inc. All rights reserved.
Products and specifications discussed herein are subject to change by Micron without notice.