INTERFACE CONTROLLER. ALR-1920-120 Datasheet
HDMI, DISPLAY PORT INTERFACE CONTROLLER
FOR TFT PANEL
Part number : 41731003X-3 or up
Page: 2. Introduction, How to Proceed, Usage Note, Disclaimer
3. System design – Diagram of a suggested system
4. Assembly notes – Important information about system elements
6. Connection & Operation – How to use the controller
10. Connectors, pinouts & jumpers – Essential connection information
18. Controller dimensions
19. Application notes
23. Appendix I – Mode Support Table
24. Appendix II – RS-232 control protocols
28. Appendix III – DDC/CI support at HDMI & Display port
29. Appendix IV – Mapping definition
33. Appendix V – DV remote control unit work for ALR-1920-120
34. Warranty, Caution & Limitation of Liability, Trademarks
35. Contact details
It is essential that these instructions are read and understood before connecting or
powering up this controller.
ALR-1920-120 is the controller board equipped with IE-1010 and ALR-1920 engine integrated. ALR-1920-120 is capable
to drive the panel up to 1920x1200 resolution and also supporting up to 120Hz panel. This controller supports HDMI
and Display Port input. And it will be the lower cost solution for 120Hz panel.
¾ TFT (active matrix) LCDs with LVDS interface of 1920x1200, 1920x1080, 1280x1024 resolution
¾ Computer video signals of WUXGA, UXGA, SXGA, XGA, SVGA, VGA standard
¾ Support HDMI, Display port input
¾ Support LVDS interface panel
¾ Support DDC/CI at HDMI & Display port.
Ordering information :
Ordering part number
HOW TO PROCEED
¾ Ensure you have all parts & that they are correct, refer to:
• Connection diagram (separate document for each panel)
Controller Solution Generator
Full web resource matching controllers & panels with connection diagrams for download.
See at : http://www.digitalview.com/csg
• Connector reference (in following section)
• Assembly notes
¾ Check controller switch & jumper settings (errors may damage the panel)
¾ Prepare the signal source
¾ Connect the parts
¾ Understand the operation and functions (in following section)
IMPORTANT USAGE NOTE
This product is for use by system developers and integrators, the manufacturer accepts no liability for damage or
injury caused by the use of this product. It is the responsibility of the developer, integrators or other user of this
¾ Ensure that all necessary and appropriate safety measures are taken.
¾ Obtain suitable regulatory approvals as may be required.
¾ Check power settings to all component parts before connection.
¾ Understand the operation and connectivity requirements of this controller.
There is no implied or expressed warranty regarding this material.
Page 2 of 35
A typical LCD based display system utilising this controller is likely to comprise the following:
1. LCD panel
2. LCD controller card, ALR-1920-120
3. LVDS cable
4. Inverter for backlight (if not built into LCD)
5. Inverter cable
6. OSD switch mount control
7. OSD controls cable
8. Optional Controller status LED1
9. Optional IR sensor
10. RS-232 control interface
11. HDMI input
12. Display Port Input
13. Audio output (Stereo) with amplication from HDMI / Display Port
14. SPDIF Audio output
15. Panel backlight control (for 120Hz panel used only)
16. Power input (12VDC / 24VDC)
Digital View offers a range of accessories such as listed above, to make up complete display solution.
Page 3 of 35