Ordering number : EN2887C
Monolithic Linear IC
AM / FM-IF / MPX Tuner System for
Radio-Casette Recorders, Music Centers
The LA1805 is a characteristics-improved version of the LA1810, with the same pin assignment and package as
those of the LA1810. Improvements are made on the following point:
• Separation (35dB→48dB) and its dependence on freerunning frequency (Sep - fF Characteristic on page 5).
• FM main distortion (0.8%→0.45%).
• AM detection output (approximately 5dB increased).
The constants on five external parts are changed as shown on page 11.
• FM-IF: IF amp, quadrature detector, soft muting, tuning indicator.
• MPX: PLL stereo decoder, stereo indicator, forced monaural, VCO stop.
• AM: RF amp, MIX, OSC (with ALC), IF amp, detector, AGC, tuning indicator.
• FM / AM / MPX functions contained on a single chip.
• Minimum number of external parts required.
• On-chip FM muting function.
• High sensitivity.
• Less carrier leak of MPX.
Maximum Ratings at Ta=25°C, See specified Test Circuit.
Maximum supply voltage
Maximum supply current
Flow-in current (Indicator drive current)
Allowable power dissipation
Pins 3, 7, 8, 11, 20, 21
Pins 7, 8
--20 to +70
--40 to +125
Any and all SANYO products described or contained herein do not have specifications that can handle
applications that require extremely high levels of reliability, such as life-support systems, aircraft's
control systems, or other applications whose failure can be reasonably expected to result in serious
physical and/or material damage. Consult with your SANYO representative nearest you before using
any SANYO products described or contained herein in such applications.
SANYO assumes no responsibility for equipment failures that result from using products at values that
exceed, even momentarily, rated values (such as maximum ratings, operating condition ranges, or other
parameters) listed in products specifications of any and all SANYO products described or contained
SANYO Electric Co.,Ltd. Semiconductor Company
TOKYO OFFICE Tokyo Bldg., 1-10, 1 Chome, Ueno, Taito-ku, TOKYO, 110-8534 JAPAN
12506 SY IM / 12798HA (KT) / D0994JN / 4030MO / N148YT, TS No.2887-1/14