SiW1502 Data Sheet
November 3, 2000
SiW1502 Radio Modem IC
The SiW1502 Radio Modem IC is part of Silicon Wave's Odyssey™ solutions for Bluetooth™ wireless
communications. The SiW1502 IC combines a 2.4-GHz radio transceiver and GFSK modem with digital
control functions meeting Bluetooth specifications. The SiW1502 IC is designed to work with the Silicon
Wave SiW1601 Link Controller IC or other compatible IC to enable production of Bluetooth wireless
• Radio and modem with combined RF analog and digital CMOS circuits on a single integrated
• Fully compliant with Bluetooth Specification 1.0 B.
• Pin-to-pin compatibility with the SiW1501.
• Direct-conversion radio architecture with integrated VCO and frequency synthesizer requiring
minimal external components.
• Integrated analog-digital conversion circuits transform I/O signals between the radio and GFSK
• Integrated GFSK modem with digital modulation, channel filtering, AFC, symbol timing recovery,
and bit slicer.
• Integrated 0 dBm transmit driver with eight output power levels.
• Direct interface to Bluetooth controller ICs through a low pin-count, digital interface.
• Optimized design for low power consumption, low cost, and small size.
The SiW1502 Radio Modem is suitable for all applications requiring a Bluetooth-compliant radio link in a
low-power and cost-effective implementation.
• Cellular Use: mobile phone handset integration and accessories.
• Office: office PCs, notebook PCs, and laser printer interconnection.
• Personal Data: PDA, palmtop, and personal organizer communications.
• Consumer: digital cameras, handheld game units.
• Automotive: hands-free car kit.
60 0010 R00B SiW1502 DS
Page 1 of 21
Silicon Wave, Inc.