3.3 VOLT TIME SLOT INTERCHANGE
128 x 128
• 128 x 128 channel non-blocking switch
• Serial Telecom Bus Compatible (ST-BUS®)
• 4 RX inputs—32 channels at 64 Kbit/s per serial line
• 4 TX output—32 channels at 64 Kbit/s per serial line
• Three-state serial outputs
• Microprocessor Interface (8-bit data bus)
• 3.3V Power Supply
• Available in 44-pin Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier (PLCC), and
44-pin Plastic Quad Flatpack (PQFP)
• Operating Temperature Range -40°C to +85°C
• 3.3V I/O with 5V Tolerant Inputs
The IDT72V8981 is a ST-BUS® compatible digital switch controlled by a
and output channels. Those 128 channels are divided into 4 serial inputs and
outputs, each of which consists of 32 channels (64 Kbit/s per channel) to form
a multiplexed 2.048 Mb/s stream.
wide frames each containing 32, 8-bit channels. Four input (RX0-3) and four
a complete 128 x 128 channel non-blocking switch matrix to be constructed.
The serial interface clock (C4i) for the device is 4.096 MHz.
The received serial data is internally converted to a parallel format by the
on chip serial-to-parallel converters and stored sequentially in a 128-position
Data Memory. By using an internal counter that is reset by the input 8 KHz frame
pulse, F0i, the incoming serial data streams can be framed and sequentially
Data to be output on the serial streams may come from two sources: Data
Memory or Connection Memory. The Connection Memory is 16 bits wide and
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
C4i F0i VCC GND
RX1 Serial Data
DS CS R/W A0/ DTA D0/
IDT and the IDT logo are registered trademarks of Integrated Device Technology, Inc. The ST-BUS is a trademark of Mitel Corp.
2003 Integrated Device Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Product specifications subject to change without notice.