network solution. nRF24AP2 Datasheet
Single-chip ANTTM ultra-low power
wireless network solution
Product Specification v1.2
• Second generation single chip ANT solution
• nRF24AP2-1CH supports 1 ANT (logic)
channel – ideal for sensors
• nRF24AP2-8CH supports up to eight ANT
(logic) channels – ideal for hubs
• World wide 2.4 GHz ISM band operation
• Fully embedded, enhanced ANT protocol stack
• True ultra-low power operation
• Typically years of battery lifetime on a coin cell
• Built-in device search and pairing
• Built-in timing and power management
• Built-in interference handling
• Configurable channel period 5.2 ms - 2 s
• Broadcast, Acknowledged and Burst
• Burst data rate up to 20 kbps
• Simple to complex network topologies:
Peer-to-peer, star, tree and practical mesh
• Supports public, private and managed networks
• Support for ANT+ device profile
implementations enabling multivendor
• Fully interoperable with nRF24AP1 and
Dynastream ANT chipset / module based
products and other nRF24AP2 variants
• Simple asynchronous/ synchronous host
• Single 1.9 - 3.6V power supply
• RoHS compliant 5×5 mm 32-pin QFN package
• Low cost external 16 MHz crystal
• Optional on-chip 32.768 kHz crystal oscillator
• Home health monitoring
• Home/industrial automation
• Environmental sensor networks
• Active RFID
• Logistics/goods tracking
• Audience-response systems
All rights reserved. ANTTM is a trademark of Dynastream Innovation Inc.
Reproduction in whole or in part is prohibited without the prior written permission of the copyright holder.
nRFAP2 Product Specification
Nordic Semiconductor ASA reserves the right to make changes without further notice to the product to
improve reliability, function or design. Nordic Semiconductor ASA does not assume any liability arising out
of the application or use of any product or circuits described herein.
All application information is advisory and does not form part of the specification.
Stress above one or more of the limiting values may cause permanent damage to the device. These are
stress ratings only and operation of the device at these or at any other conditions above those given in the
specifications are not implied. Exposure to limiting values for extended periods may affect device reliability.
Life support applications
Nordic Semiconductor’s products are not designed for use in life support appliances, devices, or systems
where malfunction of these products can reasonably be expected to result in personal injury. Nordic
Semiconductor ASA customers using or selling these products for use in such applications do so at their
own risk and agree to fully indemnify Nordic Semiconductor ASA for any damages resulting from such
improper use or sale.
Objective product specification This product specification contains target specifications for Nordic
Semiconductor’s product development.
Preliminary product specification This product specification contains preliminary data; supplementary
data may be published from Nordic Semiconductor ASA later.
This product specification contains final product specifications. Nordic
Semiconductor ASA reserves the right to make changes at any time
without notice in order to improve design and supply the best possible
For your nearest dealer, please see www.nordicsemi.com.
Otto Nielsens veg 12
Phone: +47 72 89 89 00
Fax: +47 72 89 89 89