The Future of Analog IC Technology
Small, Energy-Efficient, Off-line Regulator
30mW No-Load Power Consumption
MP158 is a primary-side regulator that provides
accurate constant voltage (CV) regulation
without opto-coupler. It supports Buck, Buck-
Boost, Boost and Flyback topologies. It has an
integrated 500V MOSFET to simplify the
structure and reduce costs. These features
make it an ideal regulator for off-line low power
applications, such as home appliances and
MP158 is a green-mode-operation regulator.
Both the peak current and switching frequency
decrease as the load decreases. This feature
provides excellent efficiency at light load, thus
improving the overall average efficiency.
MP158 features various protections, including
thermal shutdown (TSD), VCC under-voltage
lockout (UVLO), overload protection (OLP),
short-circuit protection (SCP), and open loop
MP158 is available in small TSOT23-5 package
and SOIC8 package.
• Primary-side constant voltage (CV) control,
supporting Buck, Buck-Boost, Boost and
• Integrated 500V MOSFET and current
• <30mW no-load power consumption
• Up to 2W output power
• Maximum DCM output current less than
• Maximum CCM output current less than
• Low VCC Operating Current
• Frequency foldback
• Limited maximum frequency
• Peak-current compression
• Internally biased VCC
• Thermal shutdown (auto restart)
• VCC under voltage lockout with hysteresis
• Timer based over-load protection.
• Short-circuit protection
• Open-loop protection
• Home appliances, white goods and
• Industrial controls
• Standby power
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance. “MPS” and “The
Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of Monolithic Power
MP158 Rev. 1.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.