The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP100 is a compact, inductor-less, good-
efficiency, off-line regulator. It steps down the
AC line voltage to an adjustable DC output. It is
a simple solution to provide a bias voltage to
ICs in off-line applications. Its integrated smart-
control system uses AC line power only when
necessary, thus minimizing device losses to
achieve good efficiency. This device can help
system designs meet new standby power
The MP100 provides various protections, such
as over-current protection, short-circuit
protection, VD over-voltage protection, VD
under-voltage lockout, and thermal shutdown.
The MP100 is available in a SOIC8E package.
Offline Inductor-less Regulator
For Low Power Applications
• Universal AC Input (85VAC-to-305VAC)
• Smart Control to Maximize Efficiency
• Adjustable Output Voltage from 1.5V to 15V
• Low Component Count and Cost
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Short-Circuit Protection
• Provide Power-Good Signal
• No Bulk Capacitor Required
• Wall Switches and Dimmers
• AC/DC Power Supply for Wireless System,
like ZigBee,Z-Wave and so on
• Standby Power for General Off-Line
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance. “MPS” and “The
Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of Monolithic
Power Systems, Inc.
Output Power vs. VIN
Full Bridge Rectifier
80 110 140 170 200 230 260 290 320
MP100 Rev. 1.04
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.