900V Offline Switching Regulator
The MP110 is a flyback regulator with an
integrated 900V MOSFET. Requiring a minimum
number of external components, the MP110
provides excellent power regulation in AC-DC
applications that require high reliability. These
applications include smart meters, large
appliances, industrial controls and products
powered by unstable AC grids.
The regulator uses peak current mode control to
provide excellent transient response and easy
loop compensation. When the output power falls
below a given level, the regulator enters burst
mode to lower the stand-by power consumption.
The MPS proprietary 900V monolithic process
enables an over temperature protection (OTP)
that is on the same silicon of the 900V power
FET, offering the most precise thermal protection.
It also offers a full suite of protection features
such as VCC under-voltage lockout, over-load
protection, over-voltage protection, and short-
The MP110 is designed to minimize
electromagnetic interference for wireless
communication in home and building automation
applications. The operating frequency is
externally programmed with a single resistor so
that the power supply’s radiated energy can be
designed to avoid the interference to wireless
In addition to the programmable frequency, the
MP110 employs a frequency jittering function that
not only greatly reduces the noise level, but also
reduces the cost of EMI filter.
The MP110 is available in the PDIP8-7EP
• Internal Integrated 900V MOSFET
• Programmable switching frequency up to
• Frequency jittering
• Current-mode operation
• Internal high voltage current source
• Low standby power consumption via active
• Internal leading-edge blanking
• Built-in soft-start function
• Internal slope compensation
• Built-in PRO pin pull-up auto restart function
• Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
• VCC under-voltage lockout with hysteresis
• Over-Voltage Protection on VCC
• Time-based overload protection
• Short-Circuit Protection (SCP)
• Smart Power Meters
• Large Appliances
• Industrial Controls
• All AC-DC supplies sold where power grid
may be unstable
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP110 Rev. 1.01
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.