Offline Inductor-Less Regulator
For Low Power Application
The MP100L is a compact, inductor-less, good-
efficiency, off-line regulator. It steps down the
AC line voltage to an adjustable DC output. It is
a simple solution to provide a bias voltage to
ICs in off-line applications. Its integrated smart-
control system uses AC line power only when
necessary, thus minimizing device losses to
achieve good efficiency. This device can help
system designs meet new standby power
The MP100L provides various protections, such
as Thermal Shutdown (TSD), VD Over Voltage
Protection (OVP), VD Shrot to GND Protection,
Over Load Protection (OLP), Short Circuit
The MP100L is available in SOIC8E package.
• Universal AC Input (85VAC-to-305VAC)
• Less than 100mW Standby Power
• Good EMI
• Low BOM Cost
• Smart Control to Maximum Efficiency
• Adjustable Output Voltage from 1.5V to 15V
• Good Line and Load Regulation
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Short-Circuit Protection
• Provide Power-Good Signal
• Wall Switches and Dimmers
• AC/DC Power Supply for Wireless System,
• Standby Power for General Off-Line
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP100L Rev. 1.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.