The Future of Analog IC Technology
High Efficiency, Fast Transient, 2A,
4.2V-20V Input Synchronous
Step-down Converter in QFN12 (2x3mm)
The MP28259 is a fully-integrated synchronous,
rectified, step-down switch mode converter with
programmable frequency. It offers a very
compact solution that can achieve a 2A
continuous output current over a wide input
supply range with excellent load and line
regulation, and can operate at high efficiency
over a wide output current load range.
Constant-On-Time (COT) control mode
provides fast transient response and eases loop
Full protection features include SCP, OCP, OVP,
UVP, and thermal shut down.
The MP28259 requires a minimal number of
readily-available standard external components.
The device is available in a space saving
2mmx3mm 12-pin QFN package.
• Wide 4.2V to 20V Operating Input Range
• 2A Output Current
• Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
• Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction
• Power-Good Indicator in QFN Package
• Soft Shutdown
• Programmable Switching Frequency
• OCP, SCP, OVP, UVP Protection and
• Optional OCP Protection: Latch-Off Mode
and Hiccup Mode
• Output Adjustable from 0.815V to 13V
• Available in a QFN12 (2mmx3mm) Package
• Networking Systems
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance. “MPS” and “The
Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of Monolithic
Power Systems, Inc.
4.2V - 20V R7
OFF ON EN
1, 11, 12
MP28259 Rev. 1.34
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2012 MPS. All Rights Reserved.