The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP2188 is a monolithic, step-down, switch-
mode dual converter with internal power
MOSFETs. It can achieve up to 3A continuous
output current from a 2.5V–to-5.5V input
voltage with excellent load and line regulation.
The output voltages of two channels are 1.1V
and 1.8V respectively.
The constant-on-time control scheme provides
fast transient response and eases loop
stabilization. Fault condition protections include
cycle-by-cycle current limiting and thermal
The MP2188 is available in small
2.2mmx2.6mm QFN-16 package and requires
only a minimal number of readily available
standard external components.
The MP2188 is ideal for a wide range of
applications including high-performance DSPs,
FPGAs, smartphones, portable instruments,
and DVD drivers.
Dual 3A, 5.5V, 1.2MHz, COT
Synchronous Step Down Switchers
With Auto Output Discharge
• Wide 2.5V-to-5.5V Operating Input Range
• Fixed Output Voltages: 1.1V & 1.8V
• Adjustable Output Voltage from 0.8V by
external FB Resistor
• 100% Duty Cycle in Dropout
• Up to 3A Output Current
• Low IQ: 80µA
• 60mΩ and 30mΩ Internal Power MOSFET
• Default 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
• EN and Power-Good for Power Sequencing
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
• Auto Discharge at Power-Off
• Short-Circuit Protect with Hiccup Mode
• Stable with Low-ESR Output Ceramic
• Available in a 2.2mm x 2.6mm QFN-16
• Solid State Drives(SSD)
• Low Voltage I/O System Power
• Handheld/Battery-powered Systems
• Wireless/Networking Cards
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
Efficiency vs. IOUT
0.01 0.1 1 10
MP2188 Rev. 1.01
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2016 MPS. All Rights Reserved.