The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP2225 is a high-frequency, synchronous,
rectified, step-down, switch-mode converter
with built-in power MOSFETs. It offers a very
compact solution to achieve a 5A output current
with excellent load and line regulation over a
wide input supply range. The MP2225 has
synchronous mode operation for higher
efficiency over the output current load range.
Current-mode operation provides fast transient
response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection features include over-current
protection and thermal shut down.
The MP2225 requires a minimal number of
readily-available standard external components,
and is available in a space-saving 8-pin
High-Efficiency, 5A, 18V, 500kHz
Synchronous, Step-Down Converter
• Wide 4.5V-to-18V Operating Input Range
• Adjustable Output Voltage as low as 0.6V
• Low 47mΩ/18mΩ RDS(ON) of Internal Power
• High Efficiency up to 97%
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Synchronizes from a 200kHz-to-2MHz
• 2.4ms Internal Soft-Start Time
• 1% Reference Accuracy at Room
• Internal Power-save Mode
• OCP with hiccup mode
• Available in 8-pin TSOT23
• Flat-Panel Television and Monitors
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Digital Set-Top Boxes
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
0.01 0.1 1 10
MP2225 Rev. 1.01
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2016 MPS. All Rights Reserved.