The Future of Analog IC Technology
2 A, 1- or 2- Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger
in 3mm x 3mm Package
The MP2615A is a high-efficiency, switch mode
battery charger suitable for 1- or 2- cell lithium-
ion or lithium-polymer applications. The
MP2615A is capable of delivering 2 A of charge
current programmable via an accurate sense
resistor over the entire input range.
The MP2615A regulates the charge current and
full battery voltage using two control loops to
achieve high-accuracy constant current (CC)
charge and constant voltage (CV) charge.
Constant-off-time (COT) control allows
operation at up to 99% duty cycle when the
battery voltage is close to the input voltage,
ensuring the charge current always remains at
a relatively high level.
The battery temperature and charging status
are always monitored during each charging
cycle. Two status monitor output pins are
provided to indicate the battery charging status
and input power status. Also, the MP2615A
features internal reverse-blocking protection.
The MP2615A is available in a 3mm × 3mm
16-pin QFN package.
• 4.75 V to 18 V Operating Input Voltage
• Up to 99% Duty Cycle Operation
• Up to 2 A Programmable Charging Current
• ±0.75% Full Battery Voltage Accuracy
• 4.2 V/Cell and 4.35 V/Cell Selection for Full
• Fully Integrated Power Switches
• Internal Loop Compensation
• No External Reverse-Blocking Diode
• Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Battery
• Charging Operation Indicator
• Programmable Safety Timer
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
• Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
• Smart Phones
• Portable Hand-Held Solutions
• Portable Media Players
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen-free, and adhere to the RoHS
directive. For MPS green status, please visit the MPS website under
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered
trademarks of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
Analog digital adaptive modulation (ADAM) and advanced asynchronous
modulation (AAM) are trademarks of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
0 0.5 1 1.5 2
MP2615A Rev. 1.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2015 MPS. All Rights Reserved.