The Future of Analog IC Technology
USB-Compliant Single Cell Li-ion
Switching Charger with USB-OTG Boost
The MP2626 is a highly-integrated, flexible,
switch-mode battery charger with system power
management, designed for single-cell Li-ion
and Li-Polymer batteries used in a wide range
of portable applications.
The MP2626 can operate in both charge mode
and boost mode to allow full system and battery
power management. It is also able to work as a
boost regulator to power a USB peripheral from
The MP2626 automatically detects the battery
voltage and charges the battery in the three
phases: trickle current charge, constant current
charge and constant voltage charge. Other
features include charge termination and auto-
recharge. This IC also integrates both input-
current limit and input-voltage regulation in
order to ensure USB compliant and minimize
the charging time.
The MP2626 can operate as a boost regulator
by setting the MODE pin to a HIGH logic. The
boost regulator includes output current limit and
short circuit protection. As long as MODE pin is
high, the MP2626 will discharge the battery in
the boost mode.
To guarantee safe operation, the MP2626 limits
the die temperature to a preset value of 120oC.
Other safety features include input over-voltage
protection, battery over-voltage protection,
thermal shutdown, battery temperature
monitoring, and a programmable timer to
prevent prolonged charging of a dead battery.
• 20V Absolute Maximum Input Voltage
• 6V Maximum Input Operating Voltage
• Selectable 4.2V/ 4.35V Charge Voltage with
0.5% Accuracy at 25ºC
• Power Management Function
Integrated Input-Current Limit and Input-
• Up to 2A Programmable Charge Current
• Trickle-Charge Function
• Negative Temperature Coefficient Pin for
Battery Temperature Monitoring
• Programmable Timer Back-Up Protection
• Thermal Regulation and Thermal Shutdown
• Internal Battery Reverse Leakage Blocking
• Reverse Boost Operation Mode for USB
• Up to 91% 5V Boost Mode Efficiency @ 1A
• Programmable Output Current Limit for
• Integrated Short Circuit Protection for Boost
• Sub-Battery Application
• Power-Bank Applications for Smart-Phone
Tablet and other Portable Device
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP2626 Rev. 1.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2015 MPS. All Rights Reserved.