The Future of Analog IC Technology
2A, 1 Cell Li-ion Battery Charger
In 3mm x 3mm Package
The MP2615B is a monolithic switching charger
for a 1 cell lithium-Ion or lithium-Polymer battery
packed with built-in power MOSFETs. It’s able
to achieve up to 2A charge current which can
be programmed via an accurate sense resistor
over the whole input range.
MP2615B regulates the charge current and full
battery voltage using two control loops to
realize high accuracy constant current (CC)
charge and constant voltage (CV) charge.
Thanks to the constant-off-time (COT) mode
control, 99% duty cycle can be achieved when
battery voltage is close to the input voltage to
keep the charge current always at a relative
Battery temperature and charging status are
always monitored for each condition. Two
status monitor output pins are provided to
indicate the battery charging status and input
power status. The MP2615B also features
internal reverse blocking protection.
The MP2615B is available in QFN-16
• 4.5V to 18V Operating Input Voltage
• Up to 99% Duty Cycle Operation
• Up to 2A Programmable Charging Current
• ±0.75% Full Battery Voltage Accuracy
• 4.03V and 3.99V Selection for Full Battery
• Full Integrated Power Switches
• Internal Loop Compensation
• No External Reverse Blocking Diode
• Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Battery
• Charging Operation Indicator
• Programmable Safety Timer
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
• Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
• Smart Phones
• Portable Hand-held Solutions
• Portable Media Players
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
ADAM (Analog Digital Adaptive Modulation) and AAM (Advanced Asynchronous
Mode) are trademarks of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
5V/ 9V Input
ACOK MP2615B CSP
AGND PGND CELL
MP2615B Rev. 1.0
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2016 MPS. All Rights Reserved.