2A, 1-Cell Li-Ion Battery Switching Charger
For USB and Adapter Power
The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP2611 is a monolithic switching charger
with built-in power MOSFETs for a single-cell
Li-Ion battery pack. It achieves up to a 2A-
charge current that can be programmed
through an accurate sense resistor over the
whole input range. It can operate from separate
inputs for USB or AC adapter: For USB input,
the input current limit can be programmed to
500mA and 900mA through the USBM pin to
cover both USB2.0 and USB3.0 standards.
The MP2611 regulates the charge current and
battery voltage using two control loops to
realize highly accurate constant-current charge
and constant-voltage charge. A 100% duty
cycle can be achieved when battery voltage is
close to the input voltage due to the high-side
Battery charge temperature and charging status
are always monitored for each condition. Two
status-monitor output pins indicate the battery
charging status and input status. The MP2611
also features internal reverse-blocking
The MP2611 is available in a 3mm x 4mm
• 4.5V-to-6V Operating Input Voltage
• Up to 100% Duty Operation.
• Up to 2A Programmable Charge Current
• ±0.5% Battery Voltage Accuracy
• Separate Inputs for USB and AC Adapter
• Fully-Integrated Power Switches
• Programmable Input Current Limit for the
• No External Reverse Blocking Diode
• Charging Operation Indicators
• Programmable Safety Timer
• Thermal Shutdown
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
• Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
• Portable Hand-Held Solutions
• Portable Media Players
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
SW 3 L 2.2uH
MP2611 CSP 9
MP2611 Rev. 1.12
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2012 MPS. All Rights Reserved.