The Future of Analog IC Technology
2A, 24V Input, 1.1MHz
1/2 - Cell Switching Li-Ion Battery Charger
The MP2610 is a monolithic switching charger
for 1 or 2 cells Li-Ion battery packs with a built-
in internal power MOSFET. It achieves up to 2A
charge current with current mode control for
fast loop response and easy compensation.
The charge current can be programmed by
sensing the current through an accurate sense
MP2610 regulates the charge current and
charger voltage using two control loops to
realize high accuracy CC charge and CV
Fault condition protection includes cycle - by -
cycle current limiting and thermal shutdown.
Other safety features include battery temperature
monitoring, charge status indication, and
programmable timer to cease the charging cycle.
The MP2610 requires a minimum number of
readily available standard external components.
The MP2610 is available in 4mm×4mm 16-pin
• Charges 1/2 - cell Li-Ion battery packs
• Wide 5V to 24V Operating Input Range
• Up to 2A Programmable Charging Current
• ±0.75% VBATT Accuracy
• 0.2Ω Internal Power MOSFET Switch
• Up to 90% Efficiency
• Fixed 1.1MHz Frequency
• Preconditioning for Fully Depleted Batteries
• Charging Operation Indicator
• Input Supply and Battery Fault Indicator
• Thermal Shutdown
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
• Battery Temperature Monitor and Protection
• Distributed Power Systems
• Chargers for 1-Cell or 2-Cell Li-Ion Batteries
• Smart Phones
• Portable DVD Player
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP2610 Rev. 0.91
Figure 1—Standalone Switching Charger
MPS Proprietary Information. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2010 MPS. All Rights Reserved.