The Future of Analog IC Technology
Li + LINEAR Charger
WithSystem Power Path Management
MP2607 is a highly-integrated single-cell Li-
Ion/Li-Polymer battery charger with system
power path management function. It takes input
from either AC adapter or USB port to supply
the system and charge the battery
independently. The charger section features
trickle charge, high-accuracy constant current
(CC) and constant voltage (CV) regulation,
charge termination and charge status.
The system power path management function
ensures continuous supply to the system by
automatically selecting the input, the battery or
both to power the system. This section features
a low drop-out regulator from input to system,
and a 50mΩ switch from battery to system.
Power path management separates charging
current from system load, which allows proper
charge termination and keeps battery stay fully-
charged. It also allows instantaneous power up
of system with a deeply discharged battery.
MP2607 is available in 14pin 3mm*4mm QFN
• Fully Autonomous Charger for Single-Cell
• Selectable Input Power Sources from AC
Adapter or USB Port
• Built-in Current Limit for USB Port
• Complete Power Path Management for
Simultaneously Powering the System and
Charging the Battery
• 0.75% Charging Voltage Accuracy
• 12V Maximum Voltage for the Input Source
• Programmable Charging Current
• Built-in Timer for Charge Termination
• No External Blocking Diode Required
• Tiny QFN14 (3mm x 4mm) Package
• Smart Handheld Devices
• Cell Phones, PDAs, MP3 Players
• Digital Cameras, GPS
• Handheld Test Equipment
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen free, and adhere to the RoHS directive.
For MPS green status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks
of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP2607 Rev. 1.03
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2015 MPS. All Rights Reserved.