The Future of Analog IC Technology
28V, Li+Single-Cell Battery Charger
with USB/AC-Adapter Input
The MP26056 is a linear, high performance
single cell Li-Ion or Li-Polymer battery charger
with dual programmable constant current set.
By integrating high voltage input protection into
the charger IC, the MP26056 can tolerate an
input surge up to 28V.
The device features constant current (CC) and
constant voltage (CV) charging modes, reverse
current blocking and trickle charge. Other
features include the programmable battery full
threshold supporting dual AC/USB input by
automatically changing to a lower charge
current when the USB is the power supply. The
MP26056 also provides ACOK and charge
status indications to the system.
For guaranteed safe operation, the MP26056
limits the die temperature to a preset value
when the device is heated up due to limited
PCB space. Other safety features include
battery temperature monitoring and
programmable timer to prevent prolonged
charging a dead battery.
MP26056 is available in 10-pin 3mm x 3mm
• Complete Solution for Charging Single-Cell
• Input Surge Up to 28V
• Dual USB/AC-Adapter Input with Auto
• Wide input operating range 3.5V to 6.5V
• 7V Input Over-Voltage Protection
• Programmable Charge Current: 200mA to 1A
• 80µA Idle Current with USB Input
• 0.75% VBATT Accuracy over Temperature
• <1µA Battery Reverse Current
• Automatic die temperature limiting
• Fault and Charge Status Indicators
• Internal Soft-Start to limit inrush current
• Tiny 3mm x 3mm QFN Package
• Cell Phones
• Digital Cameras
• Smart Phones
• MP3 Players
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP26056 Rev. 0.91
MPS Proprietary Information. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2009 MPS. All Rights Reserved.