The Future of Analog IC Technology
Integrated 100V Load Dump Protection, 2A Step
Down Regulator with Output Current Control
The MP2495 is a monolithic step-down switch
mode converter with a programmable output
current limit and an integrated input over-
voltage protection switch It achieves 2.0A
continuous output current over a wide input
supply range with excellent load and line
The maximum output current can be
programmed by sensing current through the
inductor DC resistance (DCR) or an accurate
Fault condition protection includes cycle-by-cycle
current limiting and thermal shutdown.
The MP2495 can survive high-voltage transients
such as those found in automotive and industrial
The MP2495 requires a minimum number of
readily available standard external components.
The MP2495 is available in a 16-pin SOIC package.
• Replaces External Transorb
• Input Surge Protection Up to 100V
• Programmable up to 2.0A Output Current
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V to 15V
• Programmable Output Current Limit without
• 0.25Ω Internal Power MOSFET Switch
• Stable with Low ESR Output Ceramic
• 95% Efficiency @ 500mA (Vo=5V)
• Fixed 700kHz Frequency
• Thermal Shutdown
• Cycle-by-Cycle Over Current Protection
• Available in a 16-Pin SOIC Package
• USB Power Supplies
• Automotive Cigarette Lighter Adapters
• Power Supply for Linear Chargers
“All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Quality Assurance. MPS” and “The
Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of Monolithic
Power Systems, Inc.
Surge Voltage to 80V
LOAD CURRENT (mA)
MP2495 Rev. 1.01
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.