The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP2908A is a high-voltage, synchronous
step-down controller that directly steps down
voltages from up to 60V. The MP2908A uses
PWM current control architecture with accurate
cycle-by-cycle current limiting and is capable of
driving dual N-channel MOSFETs.
Advanced asynchronous mode (AAM) enables
non-synchronous operation to optimize light-
The operating frequency of the MP2908A can
be programmed by an external resistor or
synchronized to an external clock for noise-
sensitive applications. Full protection features
include precision output over-voltage protection
(OVP), output over-current protection (OCP),
and thermal shutdown.
The MP2908A is available in TSSOP20-EP and
QFN-20 (3mmx4mm) packages.
• Industrial Control Systems
4V-60V Input, Current Mode,
Synchronous Step-Down Controller
• Wide 4V to 60V Operating Input Range
• Dual N-Channel MOSFET Driver
• 0.8V Voltage Reference with ±1.5%
Accuracy Over Temperature
• Low Dropout Operation: Maximum Duty
Cycle at 99.5%
• Programmable Frequency Range: 100kHz -
• External Sync Clock Range: 100kHz-
• 180º Out-of-Phase SYNCO
• Programmable Soft Start
• Power Good Output Voltage Monitor
• Selectable Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
• Output Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
• Over-Current Protection (OCP)
• Internal LDO with External Power Supply
• Programmable CCM, AAM Mode
• TSSOP20-EP and QFN-20 (3mmx4mm)
All MPS parts are lead-free, halogen-free, and adhere to the RoHS
directive. For MPS green status, please visit the MPS website under quality
assurance. “MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are
registered trademarks of Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
MP2908A Rev. 1.01
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2016 MPS. All Rights Reserved.