The Future of Analog IC Technology
2A, 21V, 1.1MHz
Synchronous Step-down Converter
The MP28262 is a high frequency synchronous
rectified step-down switch mode converter with
built in internal power MOSFETs. It offers a
very compact solution to achieve 2A continuous
output current over a wide input supply range
with excellent load and line regulation. The
MP28262 operates at high efficiency over a
wide output current load range.
Current mode operation provides fast transient
response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection features include OCP and thermal
The MP28262 requires a minimum number of
readily available standard external components
and is available in a space saving 3mm x 4mm
14-pin QFN package.
• Wide 4.5V to 21V Operating Input Range
• 2A Output Current
• Low RDS(ON) Internal Power MOSFETs
• Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction
• Fixed 1.1MHz Switching Frequency
• Sync from 400kHz to 2MHz External Clock
• Internal Compensation
• OCP Protection and Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.8V
• Available in 14-pin QFN3x4 Package
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Networking Systems
• Digital Set Top Boxes
• Personal Video Recorders
• Flat Panel Television and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are Registered Trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
The information in this datasheet about the product and its associated
technologies are proprietary and intellectual property of Monolithic Power
Systems and are protected by copyright and pending patent applications
NC GND AGND
10 12,13 14
OUTPUT CURRENT (A)
MP28262 Rev. 0.92
MPS Proprietary Information. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2010 MPS. All Rights Reserved.