The Future of Analog IC Technology
The MP28252 is a high frequency synchronous
rectified step-down switch mode converter with
built in internal power MOSFETs. It offers a
very compact solution to achieve 2A continuous
output current over a wide input supply range
with excellent load and line regulation. The
MP28252 has synchronous mode operation for
higher efficiency over output current load range.
Current mode operation provides fast transient
response and eases loop stabilization.
Full protection features include OCP and
thermal shut down.
The MP28252 requires a minimum number of
readily available standard external components
and is available in a space saving 3mm x 4mm
14-pin QFN package.
High Efficiency 2A, 21V, 500kHz
Synchronous Step-down Converter
• Wide 4.5V to 21V Operating Input Range
• 2A Output Current
• Low Rds(on) Internal Power MOSFETs
• Proprietary Switching Loss Reduction
• High Efficiency Synchronous Mode Operation
• Fixed 500kHz Switching Frequency
• Sync from 300kHz to 2MHz External Clock
• Internal Compensation
• Integrated Bootstrap Diode
• OCP Protection and Thermal Shutdown
• Output Adjustable from 0.805V
• Available in a 3mm x 4mm 14-Pin QFN
• Notebook Systems and I/O Power
• Networking Systems
• Digital Set Top Boxes
• Personal Video Recorders
• Flat Panel Television and Monitors
• Distributed Power Systems
All MPS parts are lead-free and adhere to the RoHS directive. For MPS green
status, please visit MPS website under Products, Quality Assurance page.
“MPS” and “The Future of Analog IC Technology” are registered trademarks of
Monolithic Power Systems, Inc.
EN 7 EN/SYNC
11, 12, 13, 14
Efficiency vs. Output Current
70 VIN=12V VIN=5V
OUTPUT CURRENT (A)
MP28252 Rev. 1.11
MPS Proprietary Information. Patent Protected. Unauthorized Photocopy and Duplication Prohibited.
© 2014 MPS. All Rights Reserved.