TOSHIBA CMOS Digital Integrated Circuit Silicon Monolithic
TC74VHC245F, TC74VHC245FT, TC74VHC245FK
Octal Bus Transceiver
The TC74VHC245 is an advanced high speed CMOS OCTAL
BUS TRANSCEIVER fabricated with silicon gate C2MOS
It achieves the high speed operation similar to equivalent
Bipolar Schottky TTL while maintaining the CMOS low power
It is intended for two-way asynchronous communication
between data busses. The direction of data transmission is
determined by the level of the DIR input.
The enable input ( G ) can be used to disable the device so that
the busses are effectively isolated.
All inputs are equipped with protection circuits against static
Features (Note 1) (Note 2) (Note 3)
• High speed: tpd = 4.0 ns (typ.) at VCC = 5 V
• Low power dissipation: ICC = 4 μA (max) at Ta = 25°C
• High noise immunity: VNIH = VNIL = 28% VCC (min)
• Balanced propagation delays: tpLH ∼− tpHL
• Wide operating voltage range: VCC (opr) = 2 V to 5.5 V
• Low noise: VOLP = 1.0 V (max)
• Pin and function compatible with 74ALS245
Note 1: Do not apply a signal to any bus terminal when it is in
the output mode. Damage may result.
Note 2: All floating (high impedance) bus terminals must have
their input levels fixed by means of pull up or pull down
Note 3: A parasitic diode is formed between the bus and VCC
terminals. Therefore bus terminal can not be used to
interface 5 V to 3 V systems directly.
: 0.22 g (typ.)
: 0.08 g (typ.)
: 0.03 g (typ.)
Start of commercial production