SLUSAG8A – SEPTEMBER 2011 – REVISED SEPTEMBER 2011
RAD-TOLERANT CLASS V, BRUSHLESS DC MOTOR CONTROLLER
Check for Samples: UC1625-SP
• QML-V Qualified, SMD 5962-91689
• Rad-Tolerant: 40 kRad (Si) TID (1)
• Drives Power MOSFETs or Power Darlingtons
• 50-V Open Collector High-Side Drivers
• Latched Soft Start
(1) Radiation tolerance is a typical value based upon initial device
qualification with dose rate = 10 mrad/sec. Radiation Lot
Acceptance Testing is available - contact factory for detials.
• High-speed Current-Sense Amplifier with Ideal
• Pulse-by-Pulse and Average Current Sensing
• Over-Voltage and Under-Voltage Protection
• Direction Latch for Safe Direction Reversal
• Trimmed Reference Sources 30 mA
• Programmable Cross-Conduction Protection
• Two-Quadrant and Four-Quadrant Operation
The UC1625 motor controller integrates most of the functions required for high-performance brushless dc motor
control into one package. When coupled with external power MOSFETs or Darlingtons, this device performs
fixed-frequency PWM motor control in either voltage or current mode while implementing closed loop speed
control and braking with smart noise rejection, safe direction reversal, and cross-conduction protection.
Although specified for operation from power supplies between 10 V and 18 V, the UC1625 can control higher
voltage power devices with external level-shifting components. The UC1625 contains fast, high-current push-pull
drivers for low-side power devices and 50-V open-collector outputs for high-side power devices or level shifting
The UC1625 is characterized for operation over the military temperature range of –55°C to 125°C.
–55°C to 125°C
CDIP – JT
(1) For the most current package and ordering information, see the Package Option Addendum at the end
of this document, or see the TI website at www.ti.com.
(2) Package drawings, thermal data, and symbolization are available at www.ti.com/packaging.
Please be aware that an important notice concerning availability, standard warranty, and use in critical applications of Texas
Instruments semiconductor products and disclaimers thereto appears at the end of this data sheet.
PRODUCTION DATA information is current as of publication date.
Products conform to specifications per the terms of the Texas
Instruments standard warranty. Production processing does not
necessarily include testing of all parameters.
Copyright © 2011, Texas Instruments Incorporated