high-side driver. VND7E050AJ Datasheet
Double channel high-side driver with CurrentSense analog feedback for
Max transient supply voltage
Operating voltage range
Typ. on-state resistance (per Ch)
Current limitation (typ)
Standby current (max)
Minimum cranking supply voltage
4 to 28 V
Tape and reel
• AEC-Q100 qualified
• Extreme low voltage operation for deep cold cranking applications (compliant
with LV124, revision 2013)
– Double channel smart high-side driver with CurrentSense analog feedback
– Very low standby current
– Compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs
• CurrentSense diagnostic functions
– Analog feedback of load current with high precision proportional current
– Overload and short to ground (power limitation) indication
– Thermal shutdown indication
– OFF-state open-load detection
– Output short to VCC detection
– Sense enable/disable
– Undervoltage shutdown
– Overvoltage clamp
– Load current limitation
– Self limiting of fast thermal transients
– Configurable latch-off on overtemperature or power limitation
– Loss of ground and loss of VCC
– Reverse battery with external components
– Electrostatic discharge protection
• Automotive resistive, inductive and capacitive loads
• Protected supply for ADAS systems: radars and sensors
• Automotive lamps
DS12566 - Rev 2 - November 2018
For further information contact your local STMicroelectronics sales office.
The device is a dual channel high-side driver manufactured with proprietary ST
VIPower® M0-7 technology, in a PowerSSO-16 package. The device is designed to
drive 12 V automotive grounded loads through a 3 V and 5 V CMOS-compatible
interface, providing protection and diagnostics.
The device integrates advanced protective functions such as load current limitation,
overload active management by power limitation and overtemperature shutdown with
A FaultRST pin unlatches the output in case of fault or disables the latch-off
A multiplexed current sense pin delivers high precision proportional load current
sense in addition to the detection of overload and short circuit to ground, short to VCC
and OFF-state open-load.
A sense enable pin allows OFF-state diagnosis to be disabled during the module low-
power mode as well as external sense resistor sharing among similar devices.
DS12566 - Rev 2
Block diagram and pin description
1 Block diagram and pin description
Figure 1. Block diagram
Control & Diagnostic
Short to VCC
Open-Load in OFF
Table 1. Pin functions
VCC Battery connection.
OUTPUT0,1 Power outputs; all the pins must be connected together.
GND Ground connection; must be reverse battery protected by an external diode / resistor network.
Voltage controlled input pin with hysteresis, compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs; controls output switch
Analog current sense output pin; delivers a current proportional to the selected load current, supply voltage or
chip temperature diagnostic.
SEn Active high compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs pin; enables the CS diagnostic pin.
SEL0 Active high compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs pin; it addresses the CS multiplexer.
Active low compatible with 3 V and 5 V CMOS outputs pin; it unlatches the output in case of fault - if kept low,
sets the outputs in auto-restart mode.
DS12566 - Rev 2