Pressure Sensor. MPXH6400A Datasheet
Rev 3, 07/2009
High Temperature Accuracy
Integrated Silicon Pressure Sensor
for Measuring Absolute Pressure,
On-Chip Signal Conditioned,
20 to 400 kPa (3.0 to 58 psi)
0.2 to 4.8 V Output
The Freescale MPXH6400A series sensor integrates on-chip, bipolar op amp
circuitry and thin film resistor networks to provide a high output signal and
temperature compensation. The small form factor and high reliability of on-chip
integration make the Freescale pressure sensor a logical and economical choice for
the system designer.
The MPXH6400A series piezoresistive transducer is a state-of-the-art, monolithic,
signal conditioned, silicon pressure sensor. This sensor combines advanced
micromachining techniques, thin film metallization, and bipolar semiconductor
processing to provide an accurate, high level analog output signal that is
proportional to applied pressure.
• Industrial Controls
• Engine Control/Manifold Absolute
• Improved Accuracy at High Temperature
• Available in Small and Super Small Outline Packages
• 1.5% Maximum Error over 0° to 85°C
• Ideally suited for Microprocessor or Microcontroller-Based Systems
• Temperature Compensated from -40° to +125°C
• Durable Thermoplastic (PPS) Surface Mount Package
# of Ports
None Single Dual
Super Small Outline Package (MPXH6400A Series)
Tape and Reel 1317
MPXH6400AC6T1 Tape and Reel 1317A
Small Outline Package (MPXA6400A Series)
SUPER SMALL OUTLINE PACKAGES
SMALL OUTLINE PACKAGE
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007-2009. All rights reserved.
(VS = 10 Vdc, TA = 25°C unless otherwise noted, P1 > P2)
Minimum Pressure Offset
@ VS = 5.0 Volts(2)
Full Scale Output
@ VS = 5.0 Volts(3)
Full Scale Span
@ VS = 5.0 Volts(4)
(0 to 85°C)
(0 to 85°C)
(0 to 85°C)
(0 to 85°C)
1. Device is ratiometric within this specified excitation range.
2. Offset (Voff) is defined as the output voltage at the minimum rated pressure.
3. Full Scale Output (VFSO) is defined as the output voltage at the maximum or full rated pressure.
4. Full Scale Span (VFSS) is defined as the algebraic difference between the output voltage at full rated pressure and the output voltage at the
minimum rated pressure.
5. Accuracy is the deviation in actual output from nominal output over the entire pressure range and temperature range as a percent of span
at 25°C due to all sources of error including the following:
Linearity:Output deviation from a straight line relationship with pressure over the specified pressure range.
Temperature Hysteresis:Output deviation at any temperature within the operating temperature range, after the temperature is cycled to and
from the minimum or maximum operating temperature points, with zero differential pressure applied.
Pressure Hysteresis:Output deviation at any pressure within the specified range, when this pressure is cycled to and from the minimum or
maximum rated pressure, at 25°C.
TcSpan:Output deviation over the temperature range of 0 to 85°C, relative to 25°C.
TcOffset:Output deviation with minimum rated pressure applied, over the temperature range of 0 to 85°C, relative to 25°C.
Variation from Nominal:The variation from nominal values, for Offset or Full Scale Span, as a percent of VFSS, at 25°C.
6. Response Time is defined as the time for the incremental change in the output to go from 10% to 90% of its final value when subjected to a
specified step change in pressure.
7. Warm-up Time is defined as the time required for the product to meet the specified output voltage after the Pressure has been stabilized.
8. Offset Stability is the product's output deviation when subjected to 1000 hours of Pulsed Pressure, Temperature Cycling with Bias Test.