motor driver. 17529 Datasheet
0.7 A dual H-Bridge motor driver with
3.0 V/5.0 V compatible logic I/O
The 17529 is a monolithic dual H-Bridge power IC ideal for portable electronic
applications containing bipolar step motors and/or brush DC-motors (e.g.,
cameras and disk drive head positioners).
The 17529 operates from 2.0 V to 6.8 V, with independent control of each H-
Bridge via parallel MCU interface (3.0 V and 5.0 V compatible logic). The device
features an on-board charge pump, as well as built-in shoot-through current
protection and an undervoltage shutdown function.
The 17529 has four operating modes: forward, reverse, brake, and tri-stated
(high-impedance). The 17529 has a low total RDS(on) of 1.2 Ω (max at 25 °C).
The 17529’s low output resistance and high slew rate provides efficient drive for
many types of micromotors.
• Low total RDS(on) 0.7 Ω (typ), 1.2 Ω (max) at 25 °C
• Output current 0.7 A (DC), 1.4 A (peak)
• Shoot-through current protection circuit
• 3.0 V/5.0 V CMOS-compatible inputs
• PWM control input frequency up to 200 kHz
• Built-in charge pump circuit
• Low power consumption
• Undervoltage detection and shutdown circuit
Document Number: MPC17529
Rev. 4.0, 7/2016
EV SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
EJ SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
WITH EXPOSED PAD
VDD VM 1/2
Figure 1. 17529 simplified application diagram
© 2016 NXP B.V.
Table 1. Orderable part variations (1)
-20 °C to 65 °C
1. To order parts in tape & reel, add the R2 suffix to the part number.
2. Not recommended for new designs.
20 TSSOP (exposed pad)