motor driver. 17531A Datasheet
700 mA dual H-Bridge motor driver
with 3.0 V compatible logic I/O
The 17531A is a monolithic dual H-Bridge power IC ideal for portable electronic
applications containing bipolar step motors and/or brush DC motors (e.g.,
cameras and disk drive head positioners).
The 17531A operates from 2.0 to 8.6 V using the internal charge pump, with
independent control of each H-Bridge, via a parallel MCU interface. The device
features built-in shoot-through current protection and an undervoltage shutdown
The 17531A has four operating modes: Forward, Reverse, Brake, and Tri-state
(high-impedance). The 17531A has a low total RDS(on) of 1.2 Ω (max at 25 °C).
The 17531A efficiently drives many types of micromotors with low power
dissipation owing to its low output resistance and high output slew rates. The H-
Bridge outputs can be independently pulse width modulated (PWM’ed) at up to
200 kHz for speed/torque and current control.
This device is powered by SMARTMOS technology.
• Low total RDS(on) 0.8 Ω (Typ), 1.2 Ω (Max) at 25 °C
• Output current 0.7 A (DC)
• Shoot-through current protection circuit
• PWM control input frequency up to 200 kHz
• Built-in charge pump circuit
• Low power consumption
• Undervoltage detection and shutdown circuit
• Power save mode with current draw ≤ 2.0 μA
5.0 V 5.0 V
Document Number: MPC17531A
Rev. 10.0, 7/2016
EV SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
EP SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
EJ SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
WITH EXPOSED PAD
Figure 1. 17531A Simplified application diagram
© 2016 NXP B.V.
Table 1. Orderable part variations (1)
-20 °C to 65 °C
1. To order parts in Tape & Reel, add the R2 suffix to the part number.
2. Not recommended for new designs.
20 TSSOP (exposed pad)