SMPS Controller. 3BR0665JZ Datasheet
Version 2.1, 29 Aug 2011
Never stop thinking.
Subjects (major changes since last revision)
revised outline dimension for PG-DIP-7
For questions on technology, delivery and prices please contact the Infineon Technologies Offices in Germany or
the Infineon Technologies Companies and Representatives worldwide: see our webpage at http://
CoolMOS®, CoolSET® are trademarks of Infineon Technologies AG.
Infineon Technologies AG,
81726 Munich, Germany,
© 2009 Infineon Technologies AG.
All Rights Reserved.
The information given in this document shall in no event be regarded as a guarantee of conditions or
characteristics. With respect to any examples or hints given herein, any typical values stated herein and/or any
information regarding the application of the device, Infineon Technologies hereby disclaims any and all warranties
and liabilities of any kind, including without limitation, warranties of non-infringement of intellectual property rights
of any third party.
For further information on technology, delivery terms and conditions and prices, please contact your nearest
Infineon Technologies Office (www.infineon.com).
Due to technical requirements, components may contain dangerous substances. For information on the types in
question, please contact your nearest Infineon Technologies Office.
Infineon Technologies Components may be used in life-support devices or systems only with the express written
approval of Infineon Technologies, if a failure of such components can reasonably be expected to cause the failure
of that life-support device or system or to affect the safety or effectiveness of that device or system. Life support
devices or systems are intended to be implanted in the human body or to support and/or maintain and sustain
and/or protect human life. If they fail, it is reasonable to assume that the health of the user or other persons may
Off-Line SMPS Current Mode Controller with
integrated 650V CoolMOS® and Startup cell
(frequency jitter Mode) in DIP-7
• Active Burst Mode to reach the lowest Standby Power
Requirements < 50mW
• Auto Restart protection for overload, overtemperature, overvoltage
• External auto-restart enable function
• Built-in soft start and blanking window
• Extendable blanking Window for high load jumps
• Built-in frequency jitter and soft driving for low EMI
• Green Mould Compound
• Pb-free lead plating; RoHS compliant
• 650V avalanche rugged CoolMOS® with built-in ICE3BR0665JZ is derived from ICE3BR0665J in DIP-7
package. The CoolSET®-F3R jitter series (ICE3BRxx65J)
• Active Burst Mode for lowest Standby Power
is the latest version of CoolSET®-F3. It targets for the Off-
• Fast load jump response in Active Burst Mode Line battery adapters and low cost SMPS for lower power
• 65kHz internally fixed switching frequency
range such as application for DVD R/W, DVD Combi, Blue
• Auto Restart Protection Mode for Overload, Open ray DVD player, set top box, etc. Besides inherited the
Loop, VCC Undervoltage, Overtemperature &
outstanding performance of the CoolSET®-F3 in the
BiCMOS technology, active burst mode, auto-restart
• Built-in Soft Start
protection, propagation delay compensation, etc.,
• Built-in blanking window with extendable blanking CoolSET®-F3R series has some new features such as
time for short duration high current
built-in soft start time, built-in blanking window, built-in
• External auto-restart enable pin
frequency jitter, soft gate driving, etc. In case a longer
• Max Duty Cycle 75%
blanking time is needed for high load application, a simple
• Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
addition of capacitor to BA pin can serve the purpose.
• Internal PWM Leading Edge Blanking
Furthermore, an external auto-restart enable feature can
• BiCMOS technology provide wide VCC range
provide extra protection when there is a need of
• Built-in Frequency jitter and soft driving for low EMI immediate stop of power switching.
85 ... 270 VAC
Precise Low Tolerance Peak
Active Burst Mode
Auto Restart Mode
RDSon1) 230VAC ±15%2) 85-265 VAC2)
1) typ @ Tj=25°C
2) Calculated maximum input power rating at Ta=50°C, Ti=125°C and without copper area as heat sink. Refer to input power curve for other Ta.
29 Aug 2011