Disc Players. CXP1021Q Datasheet
System Controller for Compact Disc Players
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXP1021Q is a 4-bit single chip microcomputer
based on the SPC500 series. It incorporates
programs in firmware for CD operations. It can be
connected directly to the CDL-40 series of LSIs for
CD players, and can directly drive LCDs, in addition
to other features. It also supports the pitch control
function and can be employed in a wide range of
equipment, from deck-type CD players to radio
cassettes and portable systems.
80 pin QFP (Plastic)
• Key inputs of up to 20 keys is possible through matrix scanning. The following functions can be selected by
setting their respective keys.
PLAY/PAUSE/PLAY PAUSE keys
• STOP key
SKIP key; on memory input, this becomes the tune selection key
Fast forward key; speed differs during PLAY and PAUSE
One tune or all tunes repeat
Loading function (when deck type device is selected)
• A ←→ B
A ←→ B repeat function
Shuffle (random) function
Program; up to 21 tune memory, can indicate remainder
Indicates single tune or all tunes remaining, up to 31 tunes
Fixes introscan at 10 seconds
Sets auto space at 4 seconds
• MUSIC calendar
Can display up to 20 tunes
Enables input using NEC format remote control devices with modifiable custom codes
Direct tune selection using keypad (remote control only)
Synchronization input and processing
Double speed playback
• Battery detection
When portable mode selected, there is battery detection function
• Built-in test mode
Built-in test mode facilitates CD player auto diagnostics
Index search (remote control only)
• Pitch +, pitch –, pitch OFF Pitch control key for playback with varying speed
• External control output Used for on/off of the voice canceller
• RF amplifier
• Servo signal processor
• Digital signal processor
• Pickup mechanism
Silicon gate CMOS IC
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.
• Can be connected directly to CDL-40 series LSIs for CD use
• Up to 20 keys can be connected directly; expansion of functions through addition of keys is possible
Types of Keys
∗ ∗∗ ∗
∗ Multiple functions can be combined.
• LCDs can be driven directly. This includes time display, music calendar, remaining tunes and other display
• NEC format remote control input possible; index serch, direct tune selection through keypad and other
functions can be added.
• Supports auxiliary functions including synchronization input, double-speed output and pitch control.
• Easy switching between deck and portable equipment using external pins.
(i) With deck type selected, performs tray loading function.
(ii) With portable type selected, displays detection of weak battery and executes emergency termination
when battery voltage is low.
In this way, it functions specific to the system required.
• A built-in test mode facilitates adjustment of the CD player and can be used for tests and evaluations.