Disc Players. CXP1042Q Datasheet
System Controller for Compact Disc Players
For the availability of this product, please contact the sales office.
The CXP1042Q is a 4-bit single chip microcomputer
64 pin QFP (Plastic)
based on the SPC500 series. It incorporates programs
in firmware for CD operations. It can be connected
directly to the CDL-500 series of LSIs for CD players,
and can directly drive LCDs, in addition to other features.
It can be employed in a wide range of equipment, from
deck-type CD players to radio cassettes and portable
• Key inputs of up to 16 keys is possible through matrix scanning. The following functions can be selected by
setting their respective keys.
PLAY/PAUSE/PLAY PAUSE keys
• STOP key
SKIP key; on memory input, this becomes the tune selection key
Fast forward key; speed differs during PLAY and PAUSE
One tune or all tunes repeat
Loading function (when deck type device is selected)
A←→B repeat function
Shuffle (random) function
Program; up to 21 tune memory, can indicate remainder
Indicates single tune or all tunes remaining, up to 31 tunes
Fixes introscan at 10 seconds
Sets auto space at 4 seconds
• MUSIC calendar Can display up to 16 tunes
Enables input using NEC format remote control devices with modifiable custom codes
Direct tune selection using keypad; selects tune on memory input (remote control only)
Synchronization input and processing
Double speed playback
• Battery detection When portable mode selected, there is battery detection function
• Simple adjustment of tracking gain/balance
• RF amplifier/servo signal processor CXA1782B
• Digital signal processor
• Pickup mechanism
Silicon gate CMOS IC
Sony reserves the right to change products and specifications without prior notice. This information does not convey any license by
any implication or otherwise under any patents or other right. Application circuits shown, if any, are typical examples illustrating the
operation of the devices. Sony cannot assume responsibility for any problems arising out of the use of these circuits.
• Can be connected directly to CDL-500 series LSIs for CD use
• Up to 16 keys can be connected directly; expansion of functions through addition of keys is possible
Types of Keys
∗ ∗∗ ∗
∗/∗∗ Multiple functions can be combined.
• LCDs can be driven directly. This includes time display, music calendar, remaining tunes and other display
• NEC format remote control input possible; direct tune selection through keypad and other functions can be
• Supports auxiliary functions including synchronization input and double-speed playback.
• Easy switching between deck and portable equipment using external pins.
(i) With deck type selected, performs tray loading function.
(ii) With portable type selected, displays detection of weak battery and executes emergency termination
when battery voltage is low.
In this way, it functions specific to the system required.
• An simple tracking gain/balance function is built-in, enabling adjustment of the tracking gain/balance
according to the disc.