RF modulator. TDA8822 Datasheet
Universal I2C-bus programmable
File under Integrated Circuits, IC02
1997 Jan 08
Universal I2C-bus programmable RF
• 5 V power supply
• Video amplifier with clamp and white clip circuits
• Programmable video modulation depth
• FM sound modulator (4.5, 5.5, 6.0 and 6.5 MHz)
• Programmable picture-to-sound ratio
• Programmable deviation of the sound subcarrier
• Input for modulated NICAM sound subcarrier or second
frequency modulated sound subcarrier
• Asymmetrical or symmetrical RF output buffer
• Symmetrical RF oscillator for UHF or VHF band
according to the application
• One I2C-bus programmable output port
• On-chip Phase-Locked Loop (PLL) frequency
synthesizer for the RF carrier
• On-chip PLL frequency synthesizer for the sound carrier
• On-chip power supply regulator
• On-chip I2C-bus and/or hardware controlled Test
Pattern Signal Generator (TPSG) with LED driver
• RF output switch-off during tuning.
• Video recorders
• Cable converters
• Satellite receivers
• Set top boxes.
The TDA8822 is a programmable modulator which
generates an RF TV channel from a baseband video
signal and a baseband audio signal in the event of
negative video and FM sound standards (B/G, I, D/K, M
and N standards).
Two PLL frequency-synthesizers set the picture carrier
frequency and the sound subcarrier frequency to the
required frequencies. These PLL frequency-synthesizers
are programmed via the I2C-bus.
The I2C-bus controls these features:
• Video modulation depth
• Sound subcarrier modulation deviation
• Picture-to-sound ratio.
This makes the IC suitable for multistandard applications
without any adjustment into the application.
Additional features are provided like an input for the
NICAM or second FM carrier, a test pattern signal
generator with a LED driver and a general purpose
SO24 plastic small outline package; 24 leads; body width 7.5 mm
SSOP24 plastic shrink small outline package; 24 leads; body width 5.3 mm
1997 Jan 08