display processors. TDA9332H Datasheet
I2C-bus controlled TV display
Supersedes data of 2000 May 08
2002 Jun 04
I2C-bus controlled TV display processors
Available in all ICs:
• Can be used in both single scan (50 or 60 Hz) and
double scan (100 or 120 Hz) applications
• YUV input and linear RGB input with fast blanking
• Separate OSD/text input with fast blanking or blending
• Black stretching of non-standard luminance signals
• Switchable matrix for the colour difference signals
• RGB control circuit with Continuous Cathode Calibration
(CCC), plus white point and black level offset
• Blue stretch circuit which offsets colours near white
• Internal clock generation for the deflection processing,
which is synchronized by a 12 MHz ceramic resonator
• Horizontal synchronization with two control loops and
alignment-free horizontal oscillator
• Slow start and slow stop of the horizontal drive pulses
• Low-power start-up option for the horizontal drive circuit
• Vertical count-down circuit
• Vertical driver optimized for DC-coupled vertical output
• Vertical and horizontal geometry processing
• Horizontal and vertical zoom possibility and vertical
scroll function for application with 16 : 9 picture tubes
• Horizontal parallelogram and bow correction
• I2C-bus control of various functions
• Low dissipation.
The TDA933xH series are display processors for
‘High-end’ television receivers which contain the following
• RGB control processor with Y, U and V inputs, a linear
RGB input for SCART or VGA signals with fast blanking,
a linear RGB input for OSD and text signals with a fast
blanking or blending option and an RGB output stage
with black current stabilization, which is realized with the
CCC (2-point black current measurement) system.
• Programmable deflection processor with internal clock
generation, which generates the drive signals for the
horizontal, East-West (E-W) and vertical deflection.
The circuit has various features that are attractive for the
application of 16 : 9 picture tubes.
• The circuit can be used in both single scan (50 or 60 Hz)
and double scan (100 or 120 Hz) applications.
In addition to these functions, the TDA9331H and
TDA9332H have a multi-sync function for the horizontal
PLL, with a frequency range from 30 to 50 kHz (2fH mode)
or 15 to 25 kHz (1fH mode), so that the ICs can also be
used to display SVGA signals.
The supply voltage of the ICs is 8 V. They are each
contained in a 44-pin QFP package.
plastic quad ﬂat package; 44 leads (lead length 1.3 mm);
body 10 × 10 × 1.75 mm
2002 Jun 04