DC/DC converter. TEA1210 Datasheet
High efficiency, high current DC/DC
File under Integrated Circuits, IC03
1999 Mar 08
High efﬁciency, high current DC/DC converter
• Fully integrated DC/DC converter circuit, featuring
internal very low RDSon power MOSFETs
• Up-or-down conversion
• Start-up from 1.85 V input voltage
• Adjustable output voltage
• High efficiency over large load range
• 600 kHz switching frequency
• Low quiescent power consumption
• Synchronizing with external clock
• Two selectable current limits for efficient battery use in
case of dynamic loads
• Up to 100% duty cycle in down mode
• Undervoltage lockout
• Shut-down function
• 16-pin small body SSOP16 package.
• Cellular phones, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and
• Supply voltage source for low-voltage chip sets
• Portable computers
• Battery backup supplies.
The TEA1210TS is a fully integrated DC/DC converter.
Efficient, compact and dynamic power conversion is
achieved using a novel digitally controlled concept like
Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) or Pulse Frequency
Modulation (PFM), integrated low R CMOS power
switches with low parasitic capacitances, and fully
The device operates at 600 kHz switching frequency
which enables the use of external components with
minimum size. The switching frequency can be locked to
an external high-frequency clock.
Optionally, the device can be kept in the Pulse Width
Modulation (PWM) mode regardless of the load applied.
Deadlock is prevented by an on-chip undervoltage lockout
Two selectable current limits in upconversion mode enable
efficient battery use even at highly dynamic loads such as
cellular phone electronics.
plastic shrink small outline package; 16 leads; body width 4.4 mm
1999 Mar 08